Author Topic: How was your 'holiday' party?  (Read 8319 times)

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-156
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
Re: How was your 'holiday' party?
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2008, 12:56:54 pm »
Our is this Saturday eve. Fairly nice Adult dinner and dance for 800 people or so which is less than half the actual employes and guest. It's out in the East end this year which is why were not going. We don't have a party for the kids except for the Summer Bar-B-Q. Taxi chits for those that need them and special discount rates on hotel.
Railton
"and" DANCING GIRLS!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 01:00:36 pm by Railton »
Do you realize that in about 30 (updated as requested) years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos?

Offline Wetson

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +10/-3
  • Moi
    • View Profile
    • My real estate website
  • Cars: 2019 Acura TLX SH-AWD Elite, 2018 Audi S5 Cabriolet
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2008, 05:30:45 pm »
Pffff.  I don't bother.  I'm not in the mood to pay $50 for a ticket for crappy food and have to pay for drinks all the while listening to co-workers talk about how great they are.  Not my cup of tea.  :)

Would not they be :censor: on how lousy the condo market is  ???

Condo market is good.  Housing market stinks! :)

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2008, 08:14:12 pm »
Pffff.  I don't bother.  I'm not in the mood to pay $50 for a ticket for crappy food and have to pay for drinks all the while listening to co-workers talk about how great they are.  Not my cup of tea.  :)

wow, I though that market was crashing, I saw a lot of cranes in TO
Will it crash once all the units are finished
http://www.yourhome.ca/homes/article/554394
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 08:19:27 pm by airbalancer »

Offline dr_spock

• Spock
  • Carma: +46/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2008, 11:45:53 pm »

You could always tell your co-workers how great you are and not let them get a word in.  ;D

Offline Wetson

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +10/-3
  • Moi
    • View Profile
    • My real estate website
  • Cars: 2019 Acura TLX SH-AWD Elite, 2018 Audi S5 Cabriolet
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2008, 07:59:00 am »

wow, I though that market was crashing, I saw a lot of cranes in TO
Will it crash once all the units are finished
http://www.yourhome.ca/homes/article/554394

I was referring to resale at the present moment HOWEVER this article sheds light on new development.  It is plausible.  Lets hope all the boomers sell their big homes and move into condos.  :)  Actually I have suspected for about a year that Toronto's new condo market is headed for turbulent times. (I don't have alot of dealings with new development).  Resale will be impacted if this happens.    If you've been in new condo developments in the last 5 years ..... not much appealing IMO.  Small bedrooms, small kitchens... high prices and artificially deflated maintenance fees to attract buyers.  More value in older buildings...... thicker walls, larger bedrooms, larger balconys and living space. Just my opinion.

Offline ovr50

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +27/-126
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2008, 10:45:21 am »
Historically, the single family detached market has retained it's strength better than the condo market. That's true in the West at least, but not sure about the GTA.

Locally, there are some 5,000+ condo units either existing or in construction beyond the "can stop" time. Many condos here owned by speculators who are going to get severely burned (once again, ppl never learn). I would far rather own the SF house than a condo in a down market.

As long as one doesn't have to sell in the next (say) 3 years, one should be OK, at least here where the market attracts many buyers from outside the area and province. In fact, the down tick may be beneficial in that some measure of affordibility can return to the marketplace.

In this year, we sold our previous house in April at a good price (market still strong then), closed July 2, put the money in the bank, and had our new, smaller house on a much smaller lot (our condo-alternative) built over the summer. Moved in Nov24, and have no intention of sell ing this new one for many years. Is it worth what we paid for it if we were forced to sell today? Probably not, but we don't care as we are not selling. Besides, our real cost base is the $250K we had invested in the previous house. All the rest was "profit/cap gain". Mortgage free here, and don't care where the market goes in the short term.  :)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 10:49:32 am by ovr50 »
2022 Mazda CX-5 Signature Turbo in Snowflake White Pearl
and
2012 Toyota Camry SE V6 in Alpine White

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2008, 11:09:37 am »
Nice buffet meal (roast beef, turkey and stuffing and seafood casserole plus various salads and starches), and dancing at the Fredericton Inn this year. About 300 staff and their significant others.

The band was the Downtown Blues band. They are pretty good.

Door prizes included a HD home theatre, Nintendo Wii and a Blueray player.

Pretty typical, and a nice night out. Suits or evening dresses are the norm.
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2008, 11:40:33 am »
 ::) think of the CARBON FOOTPRINT........................ ;) :run:
Time is to stop everything happening at once