Author Topic: Platinum Blonde bassist MacLean found dead  (Read 1340 times)

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
Platinum Blonde bassist MacLean found dead
« on: November 25, 2008, 12:38:47 pm »
I first saw Kenny MacLean over 25 years ago as a member of the Deserters

http://www.nationalpost.com/arts/story.html?id=989394

Platinum Blonde bassist MacLean found dead

Megan O’Toole,  National Post  Published: Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Canwest News Service

Canadian rock icon Kenny MacLean -- best known for his stint as bassist with the multi-platinum-selling '80s new-wave band Platinum Blonde -- was found dead Monday in his Toronto apartment.

Local police were releasing few details last night, but early reports suggested Mr. MacLean succumbed to a drug overdose and was found in the early afternoon by his sister. The musician apparently died sometime over the weekend after a performance Friday at the Mod Club, a popular concert venue and night club in the city founded by his former band mate, Platinum Blonde singer Mark Holmes.

Mr. MacLean was at the club to celebrate the release of his third solo album, titled Completely. The songwriter and performer, who has been a key figure in the Canadian music scene for more than two decades, lived on Toronto's busy Yonge Street, where he ran a music academy and studio out of his home.

Police were continuing to investigate his death Monday night.
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

gta_driver

Re: Platinum Blonde bassist MacLean found dead
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 01:58:17 pm »
A a year and a bit back, my just turned two year old daughter after dancing to one of his songs, called him a "wiggle" as in the Wiggles.

His response was something to the effect "I will be whatever you want me to be, " to her.

He was genuinly a funny man (he had some hilarious stories about touring, the music business and life in general). He also had incredible warmth and humbleness about him. He always made time for you. He would talk to you like you where his best friend in the whole world after long absences. He will definatly be missed by my family.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
Re: Platinum Blonde bassist MacLean found dead
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 04:56:09 pm »
It appears he drop dead from the big one
That is way to go , here one minute, gone the next