Author Topic: My neighbour's son...  (Read 8038 times)

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
Re: My neighbour's son...
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2008, 04:51:19 pm »
<sigh>  I grew up in a 'privileged' family and none of my childhood friends or myself turned into bad apples.  I think the largest influence on how kids turn out is parenting style and instilling good values.  How much or how little money has nothing to do with that. 

You are real estate salesman, if that's not a bad apple what is ??? :rofl2:
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 09:36:24 pm by airbalancer »

Offline ovr50

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +27/-126
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2008, 05:36:35 pm »
<sigh>  I grew up in a 'privileged' family and none of my childhood friends or myself turned into bad apples.  I think the largest influence on how kids turn out is parenting style and instilling good values.  How much or how little money has nothing to do with that. 

+1 Agree with you.
2022 Mazda CX-5 Signature Turbo in Snowflake White Pearl
and
2012 Toyota Camry SE V6 in Alpine White

UmroAyyar

« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2008, 05:57:23 pm »

:iagree:

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2008, 06:11:47 pm »
..its a privilege ta know ME........................ :rofl2:
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline Wetson

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +10/-3
  • Moi
    • View Profile
    • My real estate website
  • Cars: 2019 Acura TLX SH-AWD Elite, 2018 Audi S5 Cabriolet
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2008, 01:29:32 am »

Sheesh..... and you're an HVAC contractor....... if that's not a bad apple what is????  :rofl2:

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2008, 08:33:19 am »

Sheesh..... and you're an HVAC contractor....... if that's not a bad apple what is????  :rofl2:

I am worst, I am a balancer
We have a rep of doing the balancing reports in coffee shops :rofl2:

Offline Wetson

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Moi
    • View Profile
    • My real estate website
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2008, 12:06:21 pm »

I am worst, I am a balancer
We have a rep of doing the balancing reports in coffee shops :rofl2:

LMAO

barrie1

« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2008, 08:21:42 pm »
I am involved in a HVAC business here in London and know this to be a very decent trade with the majority of workers being very honest. Theres always something new to learn in this field like any other. I know this was said in jest of course but most all trades have honest folks who just try to make a good living. :)

Offline Wetson

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Moi
    • View Profile
    • My real estate website
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2008, 08:33:17 pm »
I am involved in a HVAC business here in London and know this to be a very decent trade with the majority of workers being very honest. Theres always something new to learn in this field like any other. I know this was said in jest of course but most all trades have honest folks who just try to make a good living. :)
:iagree:  There are honest folks in every trade and there are also dishonest folks in every trade.

Offline dr_spock

• Spock
  • Carma: +46/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2008, 10:45:02 pm »
:iagree:  There are honest folks in every trade and there are also dishonest folks in every trade.

Unfortunately the bad ones gives everyone else in the profession a bad name. 

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2008, 09:10:45 am »
..yeah that ONE good lawyer gives the rest a bad name.......... :P ;D ;)

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-442
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2008, 04:50:08 pm »
John is just trying to justify moving to Castlegar. ;) A co-worker is from near there and his only remark was:

Castlegar is a hole, move to Rossland.

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2008, 06:01:19 pm »
Really?  We looked at houses in Rossland, and though it's a nice location next to the ski hill and all, it's pretty dumpy in terms of housing.  Yes, Castlegar has more industrial development (though nothing like Trail, yuck) it's all along the highway and the residential areas are quite nice, and your housing dollar goes 2-3X more in Castlegar vs. Rossland.  People think it's Canmore or something, asking huge money for knock-down wrecks.

Also, Castlegar is between Rossland and Nelson, meaning easy access to Whitewater or Red Mountain, take your pick.

Castlegar has a larger, much better equipped series of schools.  But, if you want REALLY small-town, Rossland is the pick. 

Neither Rossland nor Castlegar have WalMarts.  Both Trail and Nelson do...

Offline ovr50

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +27/-126
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2008, 06:59:57 pm »
Nelson has a Wal-Mart????? Jabazzzzz.............. ::)

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-442
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2008, 08:34:12 pm »
Really?  We looked at houses in Rossland, and though it's a nice location next to the ski hill and all, it's pretty dumpy in terms of housing.  Yes, Castlegar has more industrial development (though nothing like Trail, yuck) it's all along the highway and the residential areas are quite nice, and your housing dollar goes 2-3X more in Castlegar vs. Rossland.  People think it's Canmore or something, asking huge money for knock-down wrecks.

Also, Castlegar is between Rossland and Nelson, meaning easy access to Whitewater or Red Mountain, take your pick.

Castlegar has a larger, much better equipped series of schools.  But, if you want REALLY small-town, Rossland is the pick. 

Neither Rossland nor Castlegar have WalMarts.  Both Trail and Nelson do...

It has been a couple decades since he lived there so his opinion is quite dated. Be a ski hippie and move to Rossland.