Author Topic: 2008 Cadillac CTS (full pics)  (Read 15004 times)

Offline Arctic_White

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +18/-1483
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Cadillac CTS (full pics)
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2007, 09:15:51 pm »
Definitely looks like one of GM's finer products.

That direct injection V6 looks sweet. And regular unleaded? :o :o :o

Why the hell am I paying a 11c / L premium for a 2.4 with 164lbft?

Buyers regret, much?

Perhaps your needs weren't aligned when you made that purchase.  Or perhaps you didn't think hard enough to figure out what were your needs in the first place, thus the unhappiness that has taken its toll all over you.  You know, one always wants more and more. 

Your car still rattling, bud? 

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2007, 09:21:03 pm »
I will be booking a test drive as soon as my local dealer has one.  It would be great if there is an awd car with a 6 speed manual.

I dont care about the regular vs premium   but I am not sure I could bring myself to buy a cadillac.... or any other non-eu car for that matter.
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Mitlov

« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2007, 10:18:24 pm »
There's a stellar review in the latest C&D.  The steering is a bit light for their tastes, but it sounds extremely competitive for the class and worlds better than the last one.

The photos are also of the car in a nice gunmetal grey.  It looks fantastic.  Worlds better, and less bling-y, than in orange or red.

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2007, 10:22:13 pm »

Buyers regret, much?

Perhaps your needs weren't aligned when you made that purchase.  Or perhaps you didn't think hard enough to figure out what were your needs in the first place, thus the unhappiness that has taken its toll all over you.  You know, one always wants more and more. 

Not a comment about my car really, just curious about how so many cars require premium fuel, and here is GM with a great engine (at least on paper) that runs on the same drink as a Corolla.

Curls helped me out with the TSX today. Withholding judgment so far.
You can't just have your characters announce how they feel.
That makes me feel angry!

Present: 15.5 V60 T6 + Polestar, 17 MDX
Sometimes Borrow: 11 GLK350
Dark and Twisted Past: 13 TL AWD, 07 Z4 3.0si, 07 CLK550, 06 TSX, 07 Civic, 01 Grandma!

Offline Arctic_White

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +18/-1483
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2007, 12:54:09 am »

Buyers regret, much?

Not a comment about my car really, just curious about how so many cars require premium fuel, and here is GM with a great engine (at least on paper) that runs on the same drink as a Corolla.

Curls helped me out with the TSX today. Withholding judgment so far.

Definitely keep me informed.

I think the K24 engine is a marvelous engine, and requires premium.  BTW, I was under the impression that you can get by with putting regular, albeit with a decrease in performance?

barrie1

« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2007, 01:32:07 am »
Its extremely rare for anyone who has ever bought a Cadillac not to like them. I still own 3 of them and will keep on buying more of them when required. They are a better built car for the money involved period. The new CTS is a really well built driving machine.  :)

Mitlov

« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2007, 02:22:53 am »

But the CTS is slightly less fuel efficient than many of its competitors, so it's a wash.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2008, 03:53:47 pm »
How about a diesel V-8 in the CTS
http://www.motortrend.com/features/auto_news/2008/112_0810_duramax__v8_cadillac_cts/index.html
A diesel CTS for the U.S. would be a risk, but the downside for GM is in fact minimal. The engine already exists, as does the transmission capable of handling the torque, so there's little incremental investment required and therefore fewer sales needed to make the business case. The Duramax play also makes sense in light of the proposed CAFE regulations mandating 35 mpg average by 2020