Author Topic: Next C-Max  (Read 1851 times)

Offline MKII

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +19/-83
    • View Profile
Next C-Max
« on: July 30, 2008, 10:17:09 am »
Slated for N.A. market as a MY2011

Sitting on a totally new platform from the upcoming third-generation Focus, the C-MAX promises to be the best-handling car in its class.

This is the forthcoming new C-MAX, which debuts a fresh look that mixes styling cues from the S-MAX with the recently launched Kuga SUV. But the best news is that it will have seven seats.

Cabin quality will take a big leap forward, borrowing its design and materials from the Kuga .

Inside, the new seven-seater arrangement is modelled on the S-MAX’s set-up, with fold-flat seats and a large boot. As with the car’s stablemate, Ford will probably offer a five-seat version  too.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/images/front_picture_library_UK/dir_547/car_photo_273888_25.jpg

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
Re: Next C-Max
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 10:36:39 am »
I must admit that I'll believe these eurofords will arrive here when I see them at a dealer.   It won't be Cassius and Brutus who will deal with Mullaly on the steps of the Ford HQ it will be the VPs in charge of Crown Victorias and Ford Expeditions who will do for him... for being un-American and not supporting the Texas oil barons.
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline mrthompson

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +70/-42
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Honda CR-V (The Green Machine)
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 11:24:26 am »
*drool* (it needs roof racks)

Online Dante

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +33/-97
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 VW GTI DSG, 2011 BMW 328i xDrive 6MT, 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 11:38:28 am »
I've never thought I would be so thrilled about Ford cars, at least their designs, but pretty much everything that comes out from Ford Europe is awesome.

Those VPs TPL is talking about should be transferred to Mercury and given the opportunity to build their beloved American cars, while Ford should bring every single model they have in Europe, AS IS.

Needless to say, this car looks very nice....much nicer than the Mazda5.  :drool:

The good thing for me is I have plenty of time to wait for these cars to come over, as my current cars are fairly new.

Offline sirAQUAMAN64

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +8/-54
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2001 VW Golf TDI 3Dr 5MT, 2007 VW Golf GTI 6MT, 2008 Saturn Astra XR 5Dr 4AT, 2010 VW Golf Wagon TDI 6MT, 2014 Chevrolet Orlando 2LT
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 02:34:33 pm »
Hotness on wheels  :lick:
AQUAMAN64 also posts on DriverBlogs.com!

Offline inco

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +29/-32
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Forester
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 04:09:14 pm »
Reminds me of the B class and that isn't a bad thing.

Cortina

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 12:49:13 am »
Ow a bloated Fiesta. :P

I think credit should be given to Honda really for the shaking up in the market. With the roundy looking Civic in Euroland. Ford has done the right thing to design cars that rival the the Civic's radical design. I'm not saying that like I'm some HFB. But in the same way Ford shook up the market with the Ford Sierra IMO. :)