Author Topic: Facelifted 3-Series sedan and wagon  (Read 4419 times)

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
Re: Facelifted 3-Series sedan and wagon
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2008, 07:46:07 am »
I think that the 335D will be automatic only as well. I believe it is that way in Euland as well... the manual tranny that fits the 3 series can't do 425 lbs/ft of torque reliably
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

von_khan

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2008, 10:53:20 am »
I think that the 335D will be automatic only as well. I believe it is that way in Euland as well... the manual tranny that fits the 3 series can't do 425 lbs/ft of torque reliably

Sigh.. if only they'd made a 335d coupe available. They have those in Europe..

http://cars.uk.msn.com/Research/article.aspx?cp-documentid=1119796
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/hot_lists/car_shopping/green_machines/2007_bmw_335d_coupe_first_drive_review/(page)/1

sigh..
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 11:08:13 am by Oz »

Cortina

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2008, 02:14:05 pm »
It really does not look all that different. If I could say one thing. It looks a bit more like a 5-Series. Anyway Regardless it still an amazing car. :)

Quote from: autoexpress

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/225030/bmw_3series_facelift.html

BMW 3-Series facelift.

Hot on the heels of the all-new 7-Series, BMW has pulled the wraps off its revamped 3-Series.

Changes to the front end include new lights with LED indicators, revised bumpers, less chrome on the grille and a more distinctive creased bonnet. Fresh, larger mirrors grace the doors, while the restyled rear lamp clusters also include LEDs.

Inside, the 3 gains the latest, simplified iDrive cabin control system with a larger LCD monitor, and has sockets for connecting MP3 players to an 80GB hard drive. All engines get BMW’s EfficientDynamics technology, and a new 245bhp six-cylinder diesel debuts. Coupé and cabrio buyers can opt for the seven-speed dual-clutch box, too. The revised car arrives in September.

loser40

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2008, 02:23:13 pm »
The front at 1st glance looks better, but the longer I look the more fussy & over designed it seems.

The rear light clusters are still shite, I was hoping they'd carry over the coupe rear to the saloon/sedan & touring/wagon - oh well.

M.

Offline ovr50

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +27/-126
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2008, 11:44:21 am »
According to latest news reports, the iDrive system in the '09 3er will be included as part of the OPTIONAL Nav pkg. So, all those that dislike iDrive can easily avoid it.

Let's face it, current iDrive is not complicated, and if you can run Navvy OK, you can run iDrive.  :)
2022 Mazda CX-5 Signature Turbo in Snowflake White Pearl
and
2012 Toyota Camry SE V6 in Alpine White

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2008, 01:50:56 pm »
The front at 1st glance looks better, but the longer I look the more fussy & over designed it seems.

M.

I would like to see these BMWs in a wind tunnel and watch them at various speeds and at various angles to the wind.  I have a suspicion that BMW spend rather more time doing the aero that is obvious at first glance and some of those stylist looks are verified in a tunnel.  Why do they do it.... because they choose to spend the money up front rather than have bolt on aero aids on the faster versions as do some of the NA manufacturers, because they are German engineers  ;)  and because it makes the cars quiter and nicer to drive in bad weather.

Just a suspicion....