Author Topic: Gee, I wonder if they'll find any DNA to search out the thief?  (Read 1341 times)

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-156
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
Do you realize that in about 30 (updated as requested) years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos?

Offline dr_spock

• Spock
  • Carma: +46/-56
    • View Profile
Re: Gee, I wonder if they'll find any DNA to search out the thief?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 04:31:24 pm »
They could trace the VIN back to the plates.   There are only so many Lambo around. 

Offline The Fuzz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1/-2
  • Will not fix tickets for donuts, carrots or b**bs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 11:29:52 pm »
They could trace the VIN back to the plates owner.

The CFS won't take DNA swabs for a simple car accident. If the owner doesn't fess up on who was driving the insurance company will do more to him than the courts ever will.
Everyone hates us until they need us.

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +30/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 01:26:11 am »
Drive it like you stole it?

xviper

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 01:38:55 am »
I suspect that any DNA found would test out as having come from a cockroach - not very smart, hides in dark, damp, tight spaces, runs like Hell when you turn the lights on and can't drive worth crap but can survive a nuclear blast and not even think anything happened.  When you catch it and step on it, it'll still twitch for hours.  Its body can live for days without its head since it never really uses its brain at the best of times anyway.  It's a useless creature that noone can understand why nature put on the face of this earth to begin with.