Author Topic: Anybody ever find a wallet or something and return it?  (Read 4189 times)

Offline dr_spock

• Spock
  • Carma: +46/-56
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody ever find a wallet or something and return it?
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2008, 08:48:09 am »
A couple of times I found reading glasses left in the classrooms and turned them into building security's lost and found.   I never found out who the owners were. 

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2008, 06:11:54 pm »
...where tha HELL is MY Wally.......loaded wif @ least $400,000 in singles.....anyone O' U found it.....I cain't see out tha windshield wiffout it......it's drivin' me upsa Daisy....not to mention half arsed.....i said not to.......... of course ya make every attempt to return it..............................T.I P.S...To Insure Prompt Supernaturalexistentialism............... ;D
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2008, 08:51:19 pm »
^ I found my very old pair of fake Oakleys (bought in Mexico) a couple weeks ago.  I always thought paying $100+ for a pair of sunglasses was silly, but I prefer my Foaklies to any sunglasses I've owned before or since...

Sadly, a perusal of the Oakley website shows they don't make anything quite like my fakes ones anymore.  But I love the ability to customize your own sunglasses...  very neat.  And they have some very pleasing designs...  I might have to change my tune on expensive eye wear.  :/

Try $350 for a pair of Serengeti's (prescription with progressive bi-focals). My first pair I lost chest deep in waves in the Pacific ocean on west coast of Nicaragua at Montelimar beach. Could picture some shark showing them off to his friends  >:( :rofl:

Was up the coast in El Salvador, someone was wearing his prescription Oakleys  in the ocean, told him he should  take them off, he said he will be fine
A couple of minutes late he got hit by a wave and lost them
Luckily the floated up beside me and I was able to grab them
He bought me drinks the rest of the trip
We were at an all inclusive resort so I guess it did not cost him much

Offline Blue01

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +13/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2008, 12:26:40 am »
Walking out of a Tim Horton's one time, I looked down and saw a wad of money on the floor.  There was amost $300.00 in $20 bills just lying there.
I picked it up and walked back to the counter and told a staff member that I had found some money on the floor and wanted to leave a note in case someone claimed it.  They asked how much I had found, but I wouldn't say.
Anyways, I left a note with my name and phone number, but to this day, no one has called about it.  That was about 10 years ago.
Maybe I had better look into spending it!

vdk

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2008, 12:52:48 am »
Umm... one day I go to a Rabba Supermarket, get my stuff, go to the cashier, and I see some high-end Benz keys somewhere on the left in between some chocolate bars (IIRC, Snickers and Twix ;D). Hmm, whatever I say, none of my business. So I get out of the store, and there's this old lady (in her mid 50s I suppose) looking DESPERATELY in her bag. I see her silver S55 and I ask her if she's looking for her car keys. She quickly turns around and goes 'YEEESSS!!!!', I know I know,  ~$200k car, I'd be pretty desperate too. I direct her to the chocolate bars and she thanks me :). Would've liked loved a ride in that thing... maybe next time.