Author Topic: New TSX unmasked...tech details on page 2  (Read 19697 times)

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
Re: New TSX unmasked...tech details on page 2
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2008, 06:37:46 am »
Acura is coming out with some questionable designs.  This TSX just isn't doing it for me.  "Mid"-cycle refresh in 1 year?

Someone's going to get fired first, then, yes.
You can't just have your characters announce how they feel.
That makes me feel angry!

Present: 15.5 V60 T6 + Polestar, 17 MDX
Sometimes Borrow: 11 GLK350
Dark and Twisted Past: 13 TL AWD, 07 Z4 3.0si, 07 CLK550, 06 TSX, 07 Civic, 01 Grandma!

Offline MKII

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +19/-83
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2008, 07:26:07 am »
IMO once North America gets the new designed Mazda6, it will be cross shopped against the new TSX. The new Mazda6 is one hell of a nice looking car and so`much more upscale looking(inside and out) in comparison to the out going Mazda6.
Saw my first new Mazda6 wagon today and was totally blown away. Beautiful car in sedan or wagon variants.

Makes the new TSX look very dated.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 08:17:09 am by MKII »

Mitlov

« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2008, 10:33:25 am »
IMO once North America gets the new designed Mazda6, it will be cross shopped against the new TSX. The new Mazda6 is one hell of a nice looking car and so`much more upscale looking(inside and out) in comparison to the out going Mazda6.
Saw my first new Mazda6 wagon today and was totally blown away. Beautiful car in sedan or wagon variants.

Makes the new TSX look very dated.

Way to rub salt in the wounds...Mazda is pulling a Ford with the second-generation Mazda6 and developing a different one for North America than the one you get...

Mitlov

« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2008, 10:44:12 am »
Acura is coming out with some questionable designs.  This TSX just isn't doing it for me.  "Mid"-cycle refresh in 1 year?

One can only hope, but I doubt it.  They didn't change their mind about the minivan nose and the Battlestar Galactica interior of the new Civic, did they?

The second-gen TSX is a perfect example of a car that looks like it was styled by committee instead of by a designer.  It's got all the right elements--bold grill, rakish headlights, prominent fender swells--but the execution is just awful.

Offline jcon

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2008, 10:47:41 am »
Way to rub salt in the wounds...Mazda is pulling a Ford with the second-generation Mazda6 and developing a different one for North America than the one you get...

Is that confirmed?

The new TSX is boring. Nothing to see here, move along...

Offline Julie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-366
    • View Profile
  • Cars: nb miata, nc mx-5, e92 m3, mk6 gti
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2008, 06:12:42 pm »
The second-gen TSX is a perfect example of a car that looks like it was styled by committee instead of by a designer.  It's got all the right elements--bold grill, rakish headlights, prominent fender swells--but the execution is just awful.

I think you nailed it.

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2008, 06:20:55 pm »
Saw one at the dealership today. Didn't drive it (what's the point of that?), but the interior at least was really nice. Not as fussy or confusing at is first looks, and the steering wheel is great. Super chunky, good diameter. Materials are noticeably better than the first generation, but its no Lexus IS.