Author Topic: Subaru Forester 2009 - Fan rejoyce!  (Read 3597 times)

cozmos

Subaru Forester 2009 - Fan rejoyce!
« on: May 14, 2008, 11:33:04 pm »
Hi All,

Saw this the other night on TV, wanted to give a shout out to Subaru fans everywhere.

Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vasc8ghyu1g

Sorry if this is repost, I can't stop laughing about it.

Cosmos

Mitlov

Re: Subaru Forester 2009 - Fan rejoyce!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 11:37:40 pm »
That is ten gazillion times cooler than the Forester ad around here, where the family talks about how much they loved their old Forester, but when they saw the new one, they had to have it, and then shows them selling their boat to make room for both Foresters in the garage, and ending with the corny slogan "Subaru is Love."

JVan

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 02:36:54 am »
That is ten gazillion times cooler than the Forester ad around here, where the family talks about how much they loved their old Forester, but when they saw the new one, they had to have it, and then shows them selling their boat to make room for both Foresters in the garage, and ending with the corny slogan "Subaru is Love."

I know, that was my exact thought when I was watching that commercial. The Canadian one is much better and this Forester looks really good, better than the last one.  Subaru is going mainstream.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 05:45:50 am »
Cool ad....made me laugh.

I thought that was a Cdn ad where they had to sell the boat to help pay the extra cost for Cdn content.  ;D

Mitlov

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 11:09:26 am »

I thought that was a Cdn ad where they had to sell the boat to help pay the extra cost for Cdn content.  ;D
:rofl2:

Offline sirAQUAMAN64

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +8/-54
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2001 VW Golf TDI 3Dr 5MT, 2007 VW Golf GTI 6MT, 2008 Saturn Astra XR 5Dr 4AT, 2010 VW Golf Wagon TDI 6MT, 2014 Chevrolet Orlando 2LT
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 12:57:51 pm »

:rofl2:

:rofl:

This time it's actually priced reasonably tho (IMO only, of course).
AQUAMAN64 also posts on DriverBlogs.com!

Offline jww

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +5/-6
  • Hyundai y'all doin?
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '09 Santa Fe, '07 Accent
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2008, 04:04:05 pm »
 :iagree:

Not only did they get the pricing, they did the right thing in not trying to reinvent the Forrester entirely. This is as pure an evolutionary vehicle as ever I saw. I like it alot - and with the Turbo boxer could be a real scream to drive too.
JWW

Offline Dante

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +33/-97
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 VW GTI DSG, 2011 BMW 328i xDrive 6MT, 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 12:44:08 am »
The 4-speed AT is a downer tho and I heard is going to be replaced with a CVT  :(

Mitlov

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 12:56:35 am »

Not only did they get the pricing, they did the right thing in not trying to reinvent the Forrester entirely. This is as pure an evolutionary vehicle as ever I saw.

I disagree.  I see it as a dramatic break from the previous "is it a cute ute or is it a wagon?" genre-bending Forester.  This got bigger, and lifted up higher, and generally became a mainstream compact crossover SUV.  Basically, a Subaru RAV4/CRV.

dorin

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 09:36:28 am »

Not only did they get the pricing, they did the right thing in not trying to reinvent the Forrester entirely. This is as pure an evolutionary vehicle as ever I saw.

I disagree.  I see it as a dramatic break from the previous "is it a cute ute or is it a wagon?" genre-bending Forester.  This got bigger, and lifted up higher, and generally became a mainstream compact crossover SUV.  Basically, a Subaru RAV4/CRV.

I agree with Mitlov.  I recently sat in the new Forester at the Subie dealer and compared to the old Forester also in the showroom it seems worlds apart.  The original Forester seemed like a boxier hatchback version of the Impreza.  The new Forester is definitely an SUV and now too large for my taste although it's much better looking.

halrav

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008, 10:20:48 pm »

Not only did they get the pricing, they did the right thing in not trying to reinvent the Forrester entirely. This is as pure an evolutionary vehicle as ever I saw. I like it alot - and with the Turbo boxer could be a real scream to drive too.

Not only did thet get the pricing right? Um No.  The Limited Forester in Canada is $33800.00+ tax in the USA its $26000.00+ tax ..so even with the duty you have to pay you still save $6000-$7000 buy buying it south of the border.  Thats crazy!

Offline random006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +123/-83
    • View Profile
  • Cars: His - 2018 Subaru Crosstrek .... Hers - 2008 Honda Civic DX
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2008, 07:14:34 am »

Not only did thet get the pricing right? Um No.  The Limited Forester in Canada is $33800.00+ tax in the USA its $26000.00+ tax ..so even with the duty you have to pay you still save $6000-$7000 buy buying it south of the border.  Thats crazy!

The top of the line Forester used to be $38,000 + tax, with a price differential pushing $10,000.  Furthermore, the new price, while still high, is more in line with the competition.  I'd say they got it right or close enough.

Here are the numbers for the 2008:
http://www.canadiandriver.com/PricingGuide/Trim.php?ModelId=1556&Year=2008
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum.    -    John Nada (played by Roddy Piper) in "They Live"

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2008, 08:46:50 am »
so we are still gettin' SOAKED.... ::) :P  Subu San
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline Zombie

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +2/-1
  • Brainszzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2008, 11:42:47 am »
I know sex sells but thats not sexy!!

The Forester looks great but the girls not so much :)

Imagine being in the car for the car wash, OMG whats that up against the window ahhhhhhhh!!

In a world where the dead are returning to life, the word "trouble" loses much of its meaning.