Author Topic: Citroen cactus  (Read 1594 times)

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
Citroen cactus
« on: January 05, 2008, 07:09:34 am »

New Citroen concept.  Looks weird but 83mpg can't be bad

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/driving/new_car_reviews/article3129125.ece

Car Citroën C-Cactus concept
Engine 1.4litre 70bhp turbo-diesel plus 30bhp electric motor
Transmission Five-speed robotised manual
Performance Top speed 93mph (electronically limited), 0-62mph approx 10sec
Fuel consumption (combined) 83mpg
CO2 emissions 78g/km
Price As a one-off concept, about a million euros (£747,000); in production £12,000
Alternatives Lots of quirky concepts seen at Motor Shows
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline inco

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +29/-32
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Forester
Re: Citroen cactus
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 07:34:48 am »
Not exactly my cup of tea and a little too fugly, but every month when I go to fill it up, I think I could forgive it. ;D ;D

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 07:53:51 am »
I think if you saw it in person it probably would not look to bad

I think I would rather have a Jetta wagon at 55 mpg

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 08:29:05 am »
CITROEN Cactus.........d'ya have ta be a  PRICK to drive one....two three shots O' Tequila...... ;D
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-384
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 03:47:31 pm »
""Driving the C-Cactus is a weird experience. I had a nagging feeling that something was missing – like the dashboard. Not necessary, apparently. Passenger airbag? Not necessary. The glovebox? Hang a bag on a hook shaped like a butterfly brooch. Window switches? The windows don’t open.

The air-conditioning system is there but forms part of the interior styling, looking like the intake of an airliner’s turbofan engine, or possibly a hairdryer for the super-follically endowed. The steering column is exposed and the transmission selector is a simple “ego” switch: “Push it like this and the car ’e go forward . . . like this and ’e go backward.” The floor of the C-Cactus is upholstered in recycled leather offcuts, its hollow door panels have wool trim and door exteriors are unpainted. The rear seats simply slide forward and slot beneath the front seats to enable more potatoes to be carried. ""

zet eenglish writing always cracks me up:rofl:

I like that minimalistic approach tho, less the hybrid system (or it should have a 220V plug and manual all-electric mode)
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.