Author Topic: CD Article: 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer DE CVT  (Read 16008 times)

avtoller

Re: CD Article: 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer DE CVT
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2007, 10:12:11 am »
The Subaru Justy used CVT in the early-mid '90s.

Morteus

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2007, 08:11:22 pm »
I leased a Dodge Colt in 1994 (Built by Mitsu in Japan and rebadged)
It came with the Japanese factory stickers still attached! I had it for 4 years and drove it every day in bumper to bumper traffic across the 401. It was bulletproof! Never a squeak or rattle, nothing broke..and I averaged 42MPG! The downside was however the cost of parts!! ???
Example 1...the price of the paper air filter which looked exactly like the ones for domestic vehicles was (drumroll....) $54.00. A similar one for a Honda or Toyota retailed for $9.00. There where (at that time )
no aftermarket alternatives (I looked extensively). Don't even ask about the cost for tune up parts! I asked the dealer parts guy about this and he had the gall to say "we don't make any money off these".
This was inline with the prices of Porsche or Jaguar parts! Before buying a Mits I would suggest calling the parts counter at a dealer and asking the price for items like air cleaners or ignition wires. You don't want a nasty surprise post purchase.  >:( :banghead: 

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2007, 09:12:40 am »
Morteus....my Olde Mitsu Gtx 2000's (i had two) badgedGalants in US...were serviced by the local Dodge fellas when Mitsu left TOWN in the 90's!!......parts were regular priced and when i had some ball joints replaced no more than Domestics.....they were Japanese built too.......filters (air/oil) were available at crappy tired fer usual prices....
 BUT   i had ta use secret OIL from whales at $400 a litre.... ;D :bang: :stick: :spam:
Time is to stop everything happening at once