Author Topic: CD Article: 2008 Ford Taurus X Limited AWD  (Read 18033 times)

Offline Cord

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +104/-115
    • View Profile
Re: CD Article: 2008 Ford Taurus X Limited AWD
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2007, 07:30:16 pm »
The SEL AWD model adds a full-time four-wheel drive system similar to the one on the Ford Edge crossover. It uses an electro-mechanical centre coupler to vary torque front to rear by up to 100 percent to either axle. The system is fully automatic and there is no low range gear.

Is that correct?  Up to 100%.

Otherwise, looks like a great alternative to a mini-van. 

Yes. In fact, this system can transfer up to 100% of the available torque to a single wheel if required.
"If we can just believe something then we don't have to really think for ourselves, do we?" Paul Haggis

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2007, 07:36:06 pm »
I must be an underprivileged  guy....  I have nothing to tow and have never had anything to tow. Have never needed any load carrying capacity past a borrowed minivan or that couldn't be done by using the telephone and having someone else do it for me.

oh well.  I guess they'll come and take my citizenship away. 
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline Benhaze

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +29/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2007, 12:29:32 am »
I must be an underprivileged  guy....  I have nothing to tow and have never had anything to tow. Have never needed any load carrying capacity past a borrowed minivan or that couldn't be done by using the telephone and having someone else do it for me.

Feeling down tonight?

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +30/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2007, 12:37:34 am »

Away from the Republic of Alberta?  :)

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2007, 12:08:20 pm »
 tote that barge..bale that hay..toe the line..VOTE EARLY & OFTEN....are U an undocumented ALIEN..no problemo....a little cross border shopping fer a BIG SUV TOE(!) TRUCK is in ORDER................now haul yer arse off tha sofa..and get yer ball chromed...the hitch that is......
Time is to stop everything happening at once