Author Topic: Black Pearl  (Read 5378 times)

Offline Bullet Blue

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +16/-25
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 BMW 128i & 2008 Volvo C30
Re: Black Pearl
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2006, 10:33:19 pm »
Congrats on the crackberry.

mdxtasy

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2006, 10:36:41 pm »
Got me a brand new Blackberry Pearl.

So far so good, the smaller packaging is great and it's got the slick look...finally.  Much better than the Little Tykes looking 7100r I got last year.

Pros:
Smaller
Better interface
More features
Nicer screen
More efficient
voice dialing

Cons:
No scroll on the side
keys are smaller making fat fingers tougher to type on

Where's the camera? What, no camera!
Railton

It's got those fancy things:
1.3MB camera with flash
expansion slot for SD card
plays video and MP3 files

mdxtasy

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2006, 12:23:25 am »

I'll have you know that I am "independently poor" and I live on THE Island, not "an island".  >:( ::) :rofl2: :rofl: ;D

Ha.  I am collectively poor as a family and what's that....you live on THE island....Fantasy Island?  Don't look poor to me. 

Offline duck

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +7/-157
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Scion xB
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 02:48:19 am »

I'll have you know that I am "independently poor" and I live on THE Island, not "an island".  >:( ::) :rofl2: :rofl: ;D

Ha.  I am collectively poor as a family and what's that....you live on THE island....Fantasy Island?  Don't look poor to me. 

Since you are in the buying mood can you get me one plz?    ;D :rofl:

Offline Benhaze

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +29/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 09:35:24 am »
The lack of scroll on the side must be a real pain, isn't it?

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 09:43:58 am »
well stop scrolling on that side....... :P
Time is to stop everything happening at once

mdxtasy

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 10:28:00 am »

That's what I originally thought when I got it.  I really liked that scroll.  However, the multi directional scrolling ball is amazing and takes about 1 hour to get used to it.  Much more advanced and useful when you need to get to a specific place on the screen. 
« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 10:47:06 am by MdX5 »

Offline Benhaze

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +29/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2006, 10:54:20 am »

That's what I originally thought when I got it.  I really liked that scroll.  However, the multi directional scrolling ball is amazing and takes about 1 hour to get used to it.  Much more advanced and useful when you need to get to a specific place on the screen. 

Good to know. Thanks.

Offline The Mighty Duck

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +34/-44
  • f*** that duck
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 MINI Cooper S | Past: 1999 Honda Civic, 2009 Honda Fit
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2006, 02:29:26 am »
I have to admit, I've never really understood the Blackberry. Are there really emails that show up that absolutely cannot wait until you get to a computer? I assume any traveling businessman has a laptop, and lots of hotels these days have internet in the rooms (and if not, at least have a courtesy computer).  I like my cell phone to be small and easy to pocket, the Blackberry has always seemed to be contrary to that.

Still, a very impressive piece of technology, and if it does the job for you, all the better!

mdxtasy

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2006, 02:32:13 am »
Are there emails that cannot wait?  Yeah....I'd say so.  I get a lot of emails a day....and a lot of them are important.  Only business related emails come to the BB, others go to my gmail account.

And the new Pearl is small...the old clunkers of a brick they used to call the Blackberry....way too cumbersome.  That's why I got the new Pearl over the 7100r I had before.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 02:44:50 am by MdX5 »

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2006, 07:23:54 am »
Plus Ya have ta LOOK COOL DUDE............. ;D ;)...does it match yer short shorts ??? 8)

mdxtasy

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2006, 08:43:06 am »
Plus Ya have ta LOOK COOL DUDE............. ;D ;)...does it match yer short shorts ??? 8)

Yeah, and the chicks know I'm packin'.  ;)

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2006, 09:15:58 am »
yeah R.I.M Yobs are" Micro"waveably good DUDE... :hello:

Offline Loudpedal

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +6/-6
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '08 Acura TL '08 Honda Odyssey
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2006, 09:45:38 am »
I have to admit, I've never really understood the Blackberry. Are there really emails that show up that absolutely cannot wait until you get to a computer? I assume any traveling businessman has a laptop, and lots of hotels these days have internet in the rooms (and if not, at least have a courtesy computer).  I like my cell phone to be small and easy to pocket, the Blackberry has always seemed to be contrary to that.

Still, a very impressive piece of technology, and if it does the job for you, all the better!

The Blackberry has to be one of the most useful tools for me.   It's not just about emails.  It's about communication, and access to information.   It does not matter where I am, I can always get in touch with team members.   If I'm in a meeting and I need some information pronto, I can have it in about 60 seconds. 

I far prefer my Blackberry to my cell phone.  I can sit in a meeting and converse via Blackberry across the table to a colleague, whether it be about the meeing topic, or about what he/she did last night.   I can PIN others with Berrys and not only see when the msg was delivered, but also when it was read.  This helps manage my reply expectations. 

MdX5, if you have not yet downloaded them yet, Goole Maps for Blackberry is one of the most amazing apps for Berrys, as is Berry411.  Links below.   

http://www.google.com/gmm
http://www.thebogles.com/blog/projects/berry411/

This below site is great for games.
http://www.magmic.com/
Internal combustion thrust I trust