Author Topic: Bono and Big Business and Tax Avoidance  (Read 4896 times)

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
Re: Bono and Big Business and Tax Avoidance
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2006, 11:02:12 am »
either that or he liked the Finger in the Dick Van GOGH_BOYO_ Dyke ambience at the Cafes........or so I hef "eared"..... :-\
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
Re: Bono and Big Business and Tax Avoidance
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2006, 11:15:49 am »
I think that the REALLY hypocritical thing is that when any gov DOES lower taxes for the average middle class Joe a WHOLE PILE of people complain that everyone will die because social services are being destroyed. 

Usually it's the NDP'ers doing that kind of complaining.  And you have to admit it kind of makes sense: how can one beef up health care AND pay back the debt AND lower its revenue while balancing the books?

By not supporting Bombardier?  By not supporting the Ont Auto industry

Strangely, a lot of those complainers work in the "public service" or in other safe quasi government jobs with fat benefit packages, pension plans and employment security.

"Fat" benefits packages and the like also belong to the private sector, tpl.  I certainly recall the days when the high tech industry was offering its workers stellar salaries plus a bunch of other incentives like on-site gym facilities and loose work hours.
BUt, as was seen in 2001, those High tech workers did have to find new jobs in a shrinking market...the people I am talking about are still there.
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.