Author Topic: H3  (Read 9828 times)

Offline bob

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
H3
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2004, 01:33:14 pm »
I went and did an offroad racing course with Rod Hall in Reno (the winningest driver in all forms of motorsport). I will tell you what... You would be amazed at what a real Hummer can do (previous to the H2 I am talking)... They are a great vehicle for what they were designed to do. The problem is not what it is, but what stigma people have placed on it as a status symbol, and thet is what is resented by most. I personally would love a hummer p/u (again, the original) but I would prefer it to be as ugly (maybe camo green or something) as possible just simply so people don't classify me as one of the "poseurs"! LOL!

Offline saint_satan

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +0/-1
    • View Profile
H3
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2004, 06:06:38 pm »
MDX:

Both the Grand Vitara and the Jeep Liberty are 4x4s under $30K.  It's not a dream world.  They are the only ones, though...

I wonder how much $$$$ you could shave off a Mustang if you could just get a V8 5spd with air....

Mdxtasy

H3
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2004, 06:17:10 pm »
SS,

While there is a few off roaders out there for under $30K, the mass market cannot support these vehicles as the alternative to produce a vehicle more suited to on-road comfort and off-road looks is probably more profitable.  In the end, the auto manufacturers are more concerned about shareholder value and gaining market share.  

Adding features as standard equipment is a great way to increase profitability.  We as a society now demand more features to be standard on vehicles nowadays.  Power windows, locks, mirrors etc.  Car makers take advantage of that and put in these features and also jack up the base price.  Giving consumers more options will cost the manufacturer more in production costs too...so in the end, I think it would be great to have these sorts of 'stripper' vehicles but from the car makers point of view, if they don't have to, they won't.

Offline saint_satan

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +0/-1
    • View Profile
H3
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2004, 06:18:18 pm »
Just checking the paper:

Outgoing 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokees and Nissan Chilkoots have cash purchase prices below $30K.  That Chilkoot comes fully loaded with a power moonroof.  Sweet deal for someone needing a real 4x4 with some luxury.   Too bad I'm buying a house in the coming months....

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
Re: H3
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2005, 02:59:31 pm »
..I just got my Brown envelope wif da NEW and IMPROVED H4 neepis extender...BUT it's TOO TIGHT!!!!.... :'( :brkhrt: :bow: :banghead:
Time is to stop everything happening at once

avtoller

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2005, 03:17:50 pm »
I saw my first H3 in the flesh today - MY GOD is it ugly!!!  ::) :P

Offline G0dspd

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +11/-4
  • Vroum Vroum
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2005, 01:30:32 am »
The only REAL hummer is the H1 ... at 140 000$ US.  Yes! it's expensive ... but that thing it military grade.  It's big, it's tough, drinks diesel and will enfuriate all the hippies on the road.  ;D  It's the ultimate off-road vehicle ... so who cares if it doesn't have a "luxurious" interior.  ::)  I'm sure lots of H1s will never see a dirt road ... I guess some people want to buy the image more than anything else.  Anyway, what type of vehicle you drive is nobody's business but your own. If you're happy with it ... good for you  ;D

The H2 is the urban Hummer and I never seen one go off-road (probably a good thing!).  I don't even know why they made an H3 ... I guess they wanted to make a more affordable hummer. (The Driving TV thing is hilarious ;) )  I've heard it's quite good off-road.
"Can we make this quick? I have to give a banana to Annie's Boobs."

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2005, 08:20:31 am »
For what an H2 costs I could find an old Defender 90, a used Miata, a couple cool motorcycles and have enough left over to buy gas and insurance for at least a year for them all.

Offline G0dspd

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +11/-4
  • Vroum Vroum
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2005, 10:07:08 pm »
Since this thread as started I've been seeing more and more H3s around town ... free publicity ... it's all your fault!  :rofl2: