Author Topic: 2006 Honda Civic: Remote Trunk Release  (Read 2374 times)

blacksmith

2006 Honda Civic: Remote Trunk Release
« on: October 09, 2005, 12:55:31 pm »
Has anyone besides me noticed that there are unusual and unfortunate differences between the Canadian and American Civics?

As noted elsewhere in these forums, the Aux Input is an option in the Canadian EX Sedan but included in the U.S.

Likewise, the American Civic has a remote trunk release (on the key, along with door lock and unlock) and remote trunk release is not available at all in Canada.

Why would Honda Canada want to do such a thing?  I was seriously considering a Civic, but now I think I'll wait to see if Honda Canada eventually includes the trunk release.  Also it'll be interesting to see if the Acura CSX has a remote trunk release.

I have an email in to Honda Canada via their website, but also as noted in these forums, the HC website is pretty lame and I'm not holding my breath. 

Makes me wonder if Honda is becoming as arrogant as the domestic manufacturers were in the 80's.

Great little car, though....

sterling

Re: 2006 Honda Civic: Remote Trunk Release
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005, 01:22:08 pm »
They're displaying arrogance by not including a trunk release?

More likely they're just trying to save some money like everyone else.

Offline G0dspd

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +11/-4
  • Vroum Vroum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2005, 04:53:46 pm »
Honda knows that even if they removed all the bells and whistles off their new Civics ... people would still buy them.  I don't know if they're being arrogant ... but they know that their cars will sell on reputation alone.  I guess they're going over their advertised price and are looking for ways to cut the costs in Canada.

Best way to get Honda to offer very well equipped cars in Canada (like the US Civic) is not buying the "cheaper" versions.
"Can we make this quick? I have to give a banana to Annie's Boobs."

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6813
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2005, 03:39:21 am »
Has anyone besides me noticed that there are unusual and unfortunate differences between the Canadian and American Civics?

I certainly have.  The LX in the US is priced the same as the DX-G in Canada when freight is added. :P

The US LX has cruise, coloured coded outside mirrors, door handles, 16 inch mags, 160 watt sstero and is offered in white.  The DX-G have none of these; cruise being the most irritatingalong with the radio.  Also the DX-G does not get the express window down feature. :P  Who decides all this balony. 

We are very close to trading in the 2002 SIR and getting the DX-G coupe in manual.  I will call the dealer tomorrow.  Because the colours mostly stink we have decided that the silver is what we need; not crazy about it though.  White would have been interesting after a window tint job.

The back seat has zero leg room. ;D

Here is a cross section pic of the 1.8