Author Topic: New tire advice for 99 Acura EL  (Read 1778 times)

dipdeol

New tire advice for 99 Acura EL
« on: September 16, 2005, 04:54:03 pm »
I need a new set of all season tires for my 99 Acura EL (still running on original Michelin XGT's) size P195/55R15.  I'm pretty new to this, and I'm not too sure what to get.  I'm not looking to spend too much money, but I would spend a few extra bucks to get longer life out of the tires.  I live in the Vancouver area.

I have been looking at the Falken ZIEX ZE-512.  The reviews seem to be pretty good, and the price is right, but people seem to be complaining about fast tread wear.  I have also been looking at the Kumho ECSTA ASX and the BF GoodrichTraction T/A.   Are there any opinions on these or other tires?

I will probably be placing my order through tiretrends.com, and was curious if anyone knows if they allow for pickup from the warehouse (since i live in the lower mainland area) so I can save on shipping.

Any suggestions on where to get the them mounted/balanced/alligned in the lowermainland area (i live in Surrey and work in Burnaby if that helps).

Any suggestions/comments will be greatly appreciated as I need new tires ASAP.

thanks

Amar
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 06:16:43 pm by dipdeol »

JD

Re: New tire advice for 99 Acura EL
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 05:24:52 pm »
I believe that tiretrends does mounting and balancing, so if you can pickup maybe they'll mount and balance?

dipdeol

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 06:58:08 pm »
well, one question answered.  I phoned tiretrends and they offer mounting/balancing of 4 tires for $60.

morty

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2005, 02:30:21 am »
If you want a good tire for an inexpensive price; Falken is a great option. However, if you want significant tread life, you will want to go with something a little pricier. Traction TA and Kumho ASX meet the OE speed rating and offer good tread life.