Author Topic: Dealer trade or order  (Read 2558 times)

Poin

Dealer trade or order
« on: February 23, 2005, 10:32:50 am »
I live in B.C but can only find the vehicle (Chevrolet Cobalt) I want in Ontario. If I am not able to find the exact vehicle ( Trim, Colour, etc.) that I want in my local area, will the dealer locate or order the car I desire?  If so, how long does this usually take? And is there an additional cost?

Offline ovr50

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +27/-126
    • View Profile
Dealer trade or order
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 10:35:07 am »
Just be patient, this is a new car. Soon BC Chev dealers will have tons of them on their lots - this will be a volume seller. You could order but it would likely take several months to get it.
2022 Mazda CX-5 Signature Turbo in Snowflake White Pearl
and
2012 Toyota Camry SE V6 in Alpine White

Roadrunner

Dealer trade or order
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2005, 09:33:38 pm »
Poin,
Maybe talk to a non-hyper salesperson (if you can find one) at your local GM dealership and get them to call you as soon as their shipment comes in. You may get lucky and get in on the first order.

Sterling

Dealer trade or order
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2005, 10:10:08 pm »
The contents of their shipment is not a mystery. They know exactly what they have coming in. Maybe what you want is already on its way. If not, a factory order would probably take 6-8 weeks. Forget about having one shipped from Ontario to B.C. - that would probably be an extra $1000 shipping charge. As Ovr50 said, these will soon be so plentiful it'll make you sick.

Poin

Dealer trade or order
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2005, 10:16:01 pm »
Thanks for the advice everyone.  The problem with where I live (very small town)is that the dealerships in my area only seem to stock mostly trucks and base model cars.  This is why I am almost certainly going to either have to travel up to 400km to find a dealer that carries a wider selection or I will have to do a factory order.  The factory order would not be a huge problem.  I wouldn't mind waiting as long as it didn't cost anything extra to do so.

Offline ovr50

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +27/-126
    • View Profile
Dealer trade or order
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2005, 11:08:28 pm »
No, factory order should not cost extra.

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
Dealer trade or order
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2005, 08:01:33 am »
I think most dealers (at least the reputable ones) are able to find out if a dealer nearby has what you need, and make a swap, or otherwise get it.  I know when DW bought her previous Corolla, the dealer found one at another dealer 200 km away, and had it delivered to his lot.  It might have more to do with dealers' relationships with each other.
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.