Author Topic: Apa.ca or carcostcanada.com, which one to use?  (Read 8284 times)

Montytom

Apa.ca or carcostcanada.com, which one to use?
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2005, 02:07:33 pm »
Has anybody out there purchased a base 2005 Subaru Outback with the manual tranny?  I'll probably be purchasing one in the next little while.  I stopped at a local dealership here in Ottawa to get a feel for pricing 'flexibility' and they told me that there was a $1000 'administrative' charge beyond the PDI/shipping & A/C tax.  Clearly, that administrative charge = pure profit charge.  I haven't checked with the other Subaru dealer in town (or the other in Gatineau across the river) but I wouldn't be surprised if there's collusion.  If you've bought a 2005... can you tell me if you've come across this charge in your area and what's the price you were able to negotiate?

Thanks

Eugened

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2005, 03:15:05 pm »
Get dealer invoice (+ manufacturer incentives if any) from apa or ccc , add 5%(you can try less than that) + pdi+freight+air+taxes and tell them you want to buy for this prce on the road, get a quote from cars4u. (won't cost you anything). Check if there are any other dealerships in the area (Kingston/Renfrew/Cornwall/Hawksberry etc).
You spend $25-50 for that info from apa/ccc, but you know where you stand haggling with a dealer, make him search for some sucker willing to beleive in that $1000 adm fee tricks.

Vwguy

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2005, 04:21:22 pm »
Eugened,  can you give me the info on the two minivan also?
thanks.