Author Topic: Good choices for small vehicles with automatic transmission?  (Read 23340 times)

Mdxtasy

Good choices for small vehicles with automatic transmission?
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2005, 11:38:25 am »
Much Ado about Nothing - William Shnakspeare.

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2005, 12:08:36 pm »
"Too small OR not too small..THAT is the question??? get thee hence to the Forester and sit thou BOTTOM yonder sweet Titania maketh my schwand to telescope greatly..Cor what a pair..Romeo,Romeo whyforth fart thee....dear Juliet let me compare thee to a midsize but clapped out Jetta..(damn gotta work on my Valentines card some more....grrr...)
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline ovr50

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +27/-126
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2005, 12:27:57 pm »
OK, well, time to move on then. Everyone knew, including Shnak, that the financial hit on the the Jetta would be immense. So, why are you looking, Shnak?
2022 Mazda CX-5 Signature Turbo in Snowflake White Pearl
and
2012 Toyota Camry SE V6 in Alpine White

Offline Shnak

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +8/-49
  • New toy! :)
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2006 Kia Sportage
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2005, 12:37:24 pm »
Well it depends... if it's "only" $5000, and that I can finance that $5000 at 0%, I'll definitely go for it if I like the new vehicle... but if it's more $10000 that I have to finance at 4.9%, I won't do it.

All I wanted to do was which non-V6 vehicles have good automatic transmissions. That is all I wanted to know in thread. I didn't want everyone to start analyzing my situation and telling me I'd be stupid taking a big financial hit like that, that I'd be better off keeping the Golf.  

All I asked for was opinions regarding automatic transmissions on certain cars that interested me. That is all.

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2005, 12:38:24 pm »
As predicted, what a complete waste of everyone's time.  Now I know what Archie Bunker meant when Edith babbled on pointlessly.

Offline ovr50

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2005, 01:24:31 pm »
Shnak, well, I can see your point of view in that you wanted info on "small cars w auto tranny" only and not an analysis of how foolish dumping the Golf might be; BUT, and it's not a small but, given the past history of animosity on here between some members and yourself due to agrumentative positions taken by you, you don't really expect to treat ppl on here in a crappy manner one minute, then turn around and say "I need your help now so I'll be "Mr. Niceguy for this thread only". I think you can see where the problem is, Shnak. It's the old "what goes around, comes around" thing. Some of us have seriously been trying to help you, and now you say the obvious - it'll cost too much so forget it. OK, we'll forget it and we'll know better the next time you ask for help. Fair enough??

(Message edited by ovr50 on February 08, 2005)

Offline mrthompson

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +70/-42
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Honda CR-V (The Green Machine)
« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2005, 01:26:29 pm »
Pssst...it's a Golf, not a Jetta.  

Offline ovr50

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2005, 01:32:31 pm »
Thanks, Mrt. Repairs made.

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2005, 01:33:03 pm »
Oh shoot now we have to start from the beginning AGAIN!!!!!

Offline sirAQUAMAN64

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +8/-54
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2001 VW Golf TDI 3Dr 5MT, 2007 VW Golf GTI 6MT, 2008 Saturn Astra XR 5Dr 4AT, 2010 VW Golf Wagon TDI 6MT, 2014 Chevrolet Orlando 2LT
« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2005, 01:34:50 pm »
My God that's annoying - Edith's babbling and screeching, that is. Can hear it now

<--- PS. He ain't got no stinkin' cooties.

Double PS: Mazda6 IS mid-sized (size and price), Jetta is more compact and fun and youthful (we'll see if the larger rear seat changes demographics or perceptions - don't think it will because it'll have the features and handling), Accord is refined and roomier and 'older' - but dang it's good and perhaps should become hipper again, Camry - well, if you're considering this time for a rocker. Any of these with good options and you're talkin' $25K. Aerio I wonder about parts cost and such, but have heard good things overall, and it's kinda swanky and 'different' - could be for you!

Triple PS: Telescopic steering is a necessity for me, as I don't really fit into much comfortably without it. If you're at the TO autoshow, would be happy to demonstrate - would be the equivalent of contorting yourself into the makeshift bed on Jeff's balcony.

Quadruuuupler PS (and the biggie): Can't make that sweet, sweet GF of yours (because she'd have to be) learn manual if she doesn't want to. Now that I'd like to see! Dog-house central reality TV?
AQUAMAN64 also posts on DriverBlogs.com!