Author Topic: Anti-Lock Brakes should be standard equipment on all vehicles so...  (Read 25887 times)

Mdxtasy

Anti-Lock Brakes should be standard equipment on all vehicles so...
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2004, 11:08:14 am »
90% of the driving public need a computer to tell them what to do.  Put a button on the dash for disabling the ABS...and they'll think it's for the emergency lights.

S60

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2004, 11:45:12 am »
Sterling, to answer your question yes.

Most drivers will benefit from ABS, the few that
think they do not need it can disable the ABS.

Are not most accidents low speed fender benders?
Which is when ABS would help most drivers, as most drivers panic, hit the brakes, which lock up and slide into the vehicle in front.With ABS this would not happen as often to drivers that do not have the wherewithall how to do a panic stop without locking up the brakes.

Sterling

« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2004, 11:34:49 pm »
You don't have to convince me of the benefits of ABS. I wouldn't be interested in a car without it.

I just find it an odd position to support the government forcing the manufacturer to supply ABS without also forcing consumers to use it.

Personally, I would prefer if the government did less "forcing" rather than more. I disagree with those that think the government must step in at every turn to save us from ourselves.  

(Message edited by Sterling on December 03, 2004)

Offline duck

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +7/-157
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Scion xB
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2004, 03:32:01 am »
 Snow tires  should be a MUST on all vehicles during winter months.

Offline Craig

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2004, 04:18:27 am »
I agree that the government should not be saving us from ourselves, but it does have a role in saving me from the idiots.

I'm not too concerned about the rest of you, but I am worth saving.

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2004, 08:45:22 am »
90% of the driving public need a computer to tell them what to do. Put a button on the dash for disabling the ABS...and they'll think it's for the emergency lights.

Mdx where did u get that information?

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2004, 11:40:39 am »
Multi..he pushed a button..."They have the Internet on Computers NOW!!"..

Save the Hansens..save the Hansens anyone got a a stay at home and stuff the envelopes job fer them!!??...

10th time on this OLD SAW...we have the save the World,every-life is precious..a.k.a Python meaning of life movie(laughing just thinking of the kids all dancin'..every sperm is sacred heresy song!!!) and the sh*t happens even to the "bubble boy" faction...SAVE ME they cry well take a walkabout in the OUTBACK!!..and let the safety wallahs work their way into yer bedrooms,bathrooms and BEYOND...

(Message edited by safristi on December 04, 2004)
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Smainville

« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2004, 12:57:30 pm »
From Nissan on the X-Trail:

Anti-lock Braking System
Standard ABS includes a G-sensor on AWD models that reads the terrain and adjusts to road, dirt, gravel or snow conditions. Much like a skier "snowplows" to slow down, ABS with G-sensor pumps the brakes less frequently on snow. Also standard on X-Trail is Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD) which helps compensate for times when there's more weight in the rear (cargo, passengers, even a full gas tank) by sending extra force to the rear brakes.

Does anyone know the inner workings of this system?