Author Topic: Clear Corners  (Read 3158 times)

Robarakira

Clear Corners
« on: December 02, 2004, 01:55:09 am »
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT CLEAR CORNERS?

I find it strange every time I travel across the ponds how we seem to be the only continent with orange reflectors for the corner lights in the front.  I actually think cars look a lot better with clear coners (see the A8 from RONIN, my favourite movie EVER).

Now you see clear coners on tuner cars here all the time; police don't seem to mind that much eh city?  

What I don't like is how many cars designed for markets overseas where they have clear coners come here, they get these tacked on reflectors which look poorly integrated (even on expensive cars)... As if they went to canadian tire, bought a orange reflector and stuck it on.

Do these orange reflectors make our roads safer than clear ones???  

well when I saw this A8 I just was in awe at how much better the car looks without the orange reflector...

Robarakira

Clear Corners
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2004, 02:00:37 am »
Ohhh and to add to this note,

Why don't we have side markers standard here in Canada too?  I actually think they come in quite handy... they look cool too when integrated into the mirror.  

I noticed this when driving a 2005 RSX... If you are standing perpendicular to the car's side, looking at it, you CAN'T see any turning signal!

The car could be turning towards you and you won't be able to tell because the signals are directed directly forward/backwards...  boo  

go sidemarkers... go clear coners... go (japan)?

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
Clear Corners
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2004, 07:05:05 am »
I think the US regulation is for front markers and direction indicators to appear amber.... so amber bulbs in a clear corner s/b legal.
In the EU I think ( 90% sure) that flashing direction indicators have to be visible from the side viewed from just in front of the rear light cluster looking forward... this MAY also be dependent on the length of the vehicle.

I think that the anomaly is that in NA rear direction indicators can be red...when I first came here i must have nearly crashed a dozen times  as I didn't "see" rear indicators ( It hought they wer just someone pumping their brakes with one brake light out!
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.