Author Topic: Spoiler******champcars  (Read 2967 times)

Offline neil

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +20/-68
    • View Profile
Spoiler******champcars
« on: September 26, 2004, 03:28:01 am »
Wow.  Last 20 laps of the Vegas race was awesome, driver's hated it, but OK, this is a spoiler thread right?  If you are watching later on TSN don't read on.........

Wow, Bruno and Seabass were side by side for the last 20 laps, with three to go Seabass pounds through 2 lapped cars to take the lead for the win.  The aero package just didn't allow enough passing, they were flat out all the way around, and for some unknown reason they abandoned p2p.

Still fun to watch, but a bit to much IRL esque for me.

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
Spoiler******champcars
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2004, 07:04:19 am »
Crap….I did not watch a lap of any racing this weekend. I guess I should have taped some. My hands are too blistered up from the banjo.  

Looks like Seabass is the man this year.

Offline Drivesideways

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +0/-12
    • View Profile
Spoiler******champcars
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2004, 11:19:34 am »
Agreed, Neil.  I felt guilty enjoying those last 20 laps (as well as some of the earlier duels between Bruno and Pat and others).  It was exciting, yet it seemed too contrived.  Too bad that lapped traffic came into play on the last lap, though.  They were taking turns having their noses over the line first at the strip for a while.  It looked like it was shaping up for a photo finish.
"PC Load Letter...what the f_ck does that mean?"