Author Topic: 2023 Rolls-Royce Spectre EV  (Read 4675 times)

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +39/-240
    • View Profile
2023 Rolls-Royce Spectre EV
« on: October 18, 2022, 05:20:16 pm »
Rolls-Royce Spectre

Posh Rolla anyone, $400,000  if you can afford it.  0-60 in 4.4. 260, miles or 418, clicks on a full charge.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a41670551/2024-rolls-royce-spectre-revealed/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CndFn82-Pg&t=16s Launch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXPIHqjH-H8  preview top gear

Even comes with a suicide door.  :-\

« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 05:28:19 pm by Ontariodriver »

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +112/-461
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
Re: 2023 Rolls-Royce Spectre EV
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2022, 05:29:41 pm »
I feel like this is a fantastic application of EV tech.  Ultra smooth acceleration, low level of noise, doesn’t have to be a corner carver, and enough range to be useful for a person being driven around.  I feel like if you are travelling more than 400kms and you can afford a RR, you can hope on a plane or charter a heli to get their quicker.

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2022, 05:36:57 pm »
I feel like this is a fantastic application of EV tech.  Ultra smooth acceleration, low level of noise, doesn’t have to be a corner carver, and enough range to be useful for a person being driven around.  I feel like if you are travelling more than 400kms and you can afford a RR, you can hope on a plane or charter a heli to get their quicker.

It's impressive, some ideas will filter in to other BMW products eventually. Weights almost 3 tons. I can't imagine how much a full tire replacement would be. 

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +112/-461
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2022, 05:48:04 pm »

It's impressive, some ideas will filter in to other BMW products eventually. Weights almost 3 tons. I can't imagine how much a full tire replacement would be.
The question I would have, will maintenance and reliability be improved and with that a lower cost of ownership.

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2022, 07:50:53 pm »

The question I would have, will maintenance and reliability be improved and with that a lower cost of ownership.

it's about 4 grand for a full service on ICE. I should imagine it would be close to halve that at a guess.

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-329
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Chrysler Lebaron
2023 Rolls-Royce Spectre EV
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2022, 07:53:57 pm »
I agree. These things usually don’t get driven much or far at all. The owner probably couldn’t care less about what motivates the car. Probably wealthy enough to never have to worry about juicing up at some plebeian charge station either, that’s for someone else to worry about.

“James….juice up the Rolls, I want to go golfing this afternoon “

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2022, 10:01:41 pm »
Is this what TheHire is buying?  ;D
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.