Author Topic: Aftermarket TPMS Recommendation  (Read 8822 times)

Offline Bodrey

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Mazda Protege
Aftermarket TPMS Recommendation
« on: January 13, 2022, 08:37:01 pm »
I have a 2013 Toyota Camry and it doesn't have TPMS built-in. So, I'm looking for a good aftermarket TPMS. I've been looking on Amazon and they have one from Tymate called the M7-3. Some of the bad reviews say that the sensors are simply not accurate, if they work at all. Can anyone recommend a good one? I'm willing to spend a reasonable amount of money to get a decent quality unit. First and foremost, it needs to work accurately. TIA

Offline Slow_lane

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +24/-15
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Mazda CX-5 GT, 2015 Fiat 500C with Retro package and 2011 BMW 328 XDrive (gone but not forgotten)
Re: Aftermarket TPMS Recommendation
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2022, 09:15:52 am »
Save yourself a headache. Be happy not to have them on your car. In my opinion they are waaaayyyy more trouble than they are worth. See discussion in this post.

https://www.autos.ca/forum/index.php?topic=108139.msg1561884#msg1561884
If you want more in life you have to make an effort.

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2022, 12:12:54 pm »
you have a camry, but your sig says mazda. explain please  :popo:
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Offline Bodrey

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Mazda Protege
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2022, 07:49:58 pm »

Right you are. I created my u/p for this site years ago when I did own a 2001 Protege. I just never bothered to update my profile. I couldn't even tell you how many years it has been since my latest post. My Camry is the second car I've owned since the Protege.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7215
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2022, 07:57:02 pm »

Right you are. I created my u/p for this site years ago when I did own a 2001 Protege. I just never bothered to update my profile. I couldn't even tell you how many years it has been since my latest post. My Camry is the second car I've owned since the Protege.

September 19, 2015
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Slow_lane

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +24/-15
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Mazda CX-5 GT, 2015 Fiat 500C with Retro package and 2011 BMW 328 XDrive (gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2022, 12:35:34 pm »

That is pretty low posting activity. But at least you hung around to hear responses. :)

Offline LanderGX

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-1
    • View Profile
  • Cars: F150
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2022, 11:30:45 pm »
Definitely less headache not having them.