Author Topic: Buying Tesla shares as a long term investment  (Read 30919 times)

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
Buying Tesla shares as a long term investment
« Reply #100 on: December 28, 2022, 04:11:56 pm »
I sold mine at the peak…I figured competition was going to start giving them a burn - and here we are! Will be interesting to see what happens in the next 3y, with GM and Hondas made by GM entering the market and Ford introducing a new small EV truck…

Hopefully the likes of Toyota, Lexus, Subaru, Mazda, etc have EVs in the pipeline - by 2026, if they can’t achieve 30% sales, they will be paying $20k/car…or leave the Canadian market, but that could also mean California and all the states that follow their zero emissions strategy..

And PHEVs won’t give them much:
“Fully electric cars and trucks would be worth a bigger credit than plug-in hybrid versions, though the government acknowledges that plug-in hybrids will likely remain in demand in rural and northern areas.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 04:19:00 pm by EV-Light »

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7215
    • View Profile
Re: Buying Tesla shares as a long term investment
« Reply #101 on: December 28, 2022, 04:47:29 pm »

“Fully electric cars and trucks would be worth a bigger credit than plug-in hybrid versions, though the government acknowledges that plug-in hybrids will likely remain in demand in rural and northern areas.”

Well as the new law is structured in the US, any EV not built in the US by US union won't be getting any credits anyways.

So no real incentive for them.

How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline me_2

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +300/-76
  • 2014 Volt, 2001 Saturn SW2. Son's DD: 2015 Volt
    • View Profile
Re: Buying Tesla shares as a long term investment
« Reply #102 on: December 29, 2022, 09:23:19 am »

Well as the new law is structured in the US, any EV not built in the US by US union won't be getting any credits anyways.

So no real incentive for them.

Rules seem to have "evolved" over time, see Electrek for details, they also made a flowchart
https://electrek.co/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2022/11/EV-tax-credit-flowchart.pdf.
Gone but not forgotten in chronological order: 2019 Volt, 2013 Volt, 2014 Spark EV, 2012 Volt and many others before...