Author Topic: Can't find rims I want. May need to paint them. Can I use a touch-up pen?  (Read 8740 times)

Offline eyescream

• Noob
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Chrysler 200c
Hey everyone

So, I have a vivid blue 2015 Chrysler 200c.  I live in Canada, I searched for a couple weeks EVERYWHERE for black and blue rims to match my car.  I can't find any anywhere in Canada that have them in my bolt pattern (5x110).  and, I only found ONE place in the U.S. that has them that is willing to ship to Canada, but it is overpriced.

My question is, can I take existing black/silver rims, and paint the silver parts blue, using a touch up pen with decent results? (like duplicolor pen for example).  I don't want to spray paint because I know I'll make a mess of it.

Here's an example of a rim that I would want to paint blue, so it would be black and blue.

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
Hey everyone

So, I have a vivid blue 2015 Chrysler 200c.  I live in Canada, I searched for a couple weeks EVERYWHERE for black and blue rims to match my car.  I can't find any anywhere in Canada that have them in my bolt pattern (5x110).  and, I only found ONE place in the U.S. that has them that is willing to ship to Canada, but it is overpriced.

My question is, can I take existing black/silver rims, and paint the silver parts blue, using a touch up pen with decent results? (like duplicolor pen for example).  I don't want to spray paint because I know I'll make a mess of it.

Here's an example of a rim that I would want to paint blue, so it would be black and blue.

A body shop would have a better chance of not making a mess of it,....
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...