Author Topic: Backing News: Compulsory Cameras are Here  (Read 8827 times)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
Re: Backing News: Compulsory Cameras are Here
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2018, 08:24:54 pm »

You can be a good driver but still make mistakes. That's why we have safety belts and airbags. I would imagine when safety belts became mandatory, people are probably saying "Oh, I am a good driver, I don't need those."

It's the other drivers I'm worried about.  And a seat belt will save my life.

A backup camera?  Not so much.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline UnknownJinX

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +22/-115
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 19 Camaro 2SS 1LE 6MT, 15 Corvette Z51 7MT(flooded), 09 Mazda RX-8 GT 6MT(sold)
« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2018, 08:33:23 pm »

You can be a good driver but still make mistakes. That's why we have safety belts and airbags. I would imagine when safety belts became mandatory, people are probably saying "Oh, I am a good driver, I don't need those."

I personally haven't happened it to me, but my former boss backed into a kid in his truck. Didn't hit the kid hard so he wasn't even aware of it. The worst thing is, he went off the next day to the army, and he only knew about it when he came back 5 years later.

So I personally support it because situations like this. Again, cheaper than a potential medical bill or a lawsuit.

Another thing it will help is when your garage barely has enough room for your car. My RX-8 barely fits in the garage, and the sensors really help me park in that sweetspot. I know some people use sock balls, but it's not always possible to find a good spot to hang one.

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-775
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2018, 09:31:49 pm »

It could save someone else's life though.

Last year my wife and I were at the grocery store and there were these two super annoying women who were not paying attention to their toddlers. We were about to back out of our spot when I saw the two women walk by. Knowing they weren't attentive to their children, I was very careful. Sure enough, they were following about 30 feet back. If I hadn't seen them in the store and didn't have a backup camera, there's a good chance I would have started backing up with them behind me.

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6813
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2018, 11:19:44 pm »
I'm all in for cameras.  Hooking up trailers is priceless.  For some it's going to be a wee bit of a downer when they break and kill the resale or trade value of the said vehicle.  :-X

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2018, 11:43:19 am »
I'm by no means angry about it... I just feel it is a knee jerk reaction to make what should be a luxury as mandatory, and forcing the costs on to the final customer.

I'm a huge advocate of preparing the child for the world, not the world for the child. so while I NEVER want any child injured, I get mighty tired of society having to protect people's children when they can't be bothered themselves. stop making it so damn easy to "look after" a kid and maybe more ill-prepared would-be parents will choose not to procreate.
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline hydstar

• Noob
  • Carma: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • Toptentech.net
  • Cars: BMW
« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2020, 11:33:20 am »
complusory cameras are many like look it cameras and camecho cameras.

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2020, 11:35:50 am »
 :spam:

I sense a banhammer incoming... :popo:
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2122
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2020, 11:36:46 am »
complusory cameras are many like look it cameras and camecho cameras.

Good point??

Lighten up Francis.....

Offline UnknownJinX

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +22/-115
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 19 Camaro 2SS 1LE 6MT, 15 Corvette Z51 7MT(flooded), 09 Mazda RX-8 GT 6MT(sold)
« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2020, 11:57:14 am »
Not the worst necro/thread resurrection I have seen by a long shot.