Author Topic: Dkaz's yet another prolonged tow vehicle buying adventure  (Read 14137 times)

Online PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
Re: Dkaz's yet another prolonged tow vehicle buying adventure
« Reply #120 on: June 04, 2020, 12:11:38 pm »
Isn't that basically considered a house in BC?

:D

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2123
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #121 on: June 04, 2020, 12:16:03 pm »
Isn't that basically considered a house in BC?

:D

That would be like 3 million dollars in the lower mainland, especially if there are no needles or crack pipe burns  ;D
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-442
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #122 on: June 04, 2020, 01:11:02 pm »
It is not as fun but maybe rent a camping spot for each season and only move it once a year? (the trailer)

We are considering that, but we'll look in October when things clear up a bit as everything is booked solid until then. My wife has mentioned wanting to have a stationary unit to AirBNB. I might grab a tent trailer again if that's the case.

Best part about Seasonal is you can make you site nice.  Build a deck, gazebo, nice big firepit, have a large supply of firewood, etc.  You can really make it comfortable, and a home away from home.  Kinda like a cabin, but cheaper.

What if your neighbours suck?  ;D  Camping in those places cheek to jowl?, Not my cup of tea. So I leave my large comfortable home with nice deck to cram in at some overcrowded place? If I am going camping it is either with a backpack, dirtbike,  or canoe and getting away from the masses.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 04, 2020, 01:14:22 pm »
It is not as fun but maybe rent a camping spot for each season and only move it once a year? (the trailer)

We are considering that, but we'll look in October when things clear up a bit as everything is booked solid until then. My wife has mentioned wanting to have a stationary unit to AirBNB. I might grab a tent trailer again if that's the case.

Best part about Seasonal is you can make you site nice.  Build a deck, gazebo, nice big firepit, have a large supply of firewood, etc.  You can really make it comfortable, and a home away from home.  Kinda like a cabin, but cheaper.

What if your neighbours suck?  ;D  Camping in those places cheek to jowl?, Not my cup of tea. So I leave my large comfortable home with nice deck to cram in at some overcrowded place? If I am going camping it is either with a backpack, dirtbike,  or canoe and getting away from the masses.

Yeah, but that means sleeping in a tent, which is no bueno. I have yet to have a good nights sleep in a tent, too hot, too cold, everything got wet....nope, no thank you. Slept on a mattress in the back of the Jeep a few times, thats about as close to a tent as I'll ever get.

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 04, 2020, 01:24:58 pm »

Yeah, but that means sleeping in a tent, which is no bueno. I have yet to have a good nights sleep in a tent, too hot, too cold, everything got wet....nope, no thank you. Slept on a mattress in the back of the Jeep a few times, thats about as close to a tent as I'll ever get.

You sure it wasn't the booze?   ;D  Hammock and tarp is what you need.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 04, 2020, 01:27:34 pm »

No, I tried drinking to the point where I could get a good nights sleep, all I did was cause myself an issue by having to go to the bathroom every 15 minutes. A hammock?!!?! What part of Hawaii is this camping happening?!?!?

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 MDX; 2007 Tundra
« Reply #126 on: June 04, 2020, 01:28:07 pm »
I look at it as going to the lake, not necessarily camping.  I haven't done any real camping in quite a few years.  We bought an RV lot this year; power, well, septic with gas and telephone available at property line.  I thought the price was dirt cheap in a nice development for a 15mx35m lot.  I'm not lake front, but across the road, can see the water.  Marina is a stones throw away.  Quick access to the water for water sports and fishing.  We'll make it our own.
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +270/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #127 on: June 04, 2020, 01:30:22 pm »

I've slept under a tarp when I was in my teens and very early 20's.  It was great, back then.  Would I do it now?  hell to the Naww.  I like a little more comfort nowadays; roof over my head, mattress under my butt, and a cute wife to cuddle with at night.  And she wouldn't come with me if I was under a tarp. 

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 04, 2020, 01:34:16 pm »

No, I tried drinking to the point where I could get a good nights sleep, all I did was cause myself an issue by having to go to the bathroom every 15 minutes. A hammock?!!?! What part of Hawaii is this camping happening?!?!?

More comfy than a tent believe it or not. A tent puts you on the ground where dew forms and makes everything damp. A tent that is not ventilated enough causes the humidity to rise and while initially it may feel warmer becomes colder through the night. Also cold air sinks to tent level. A hammock, lightweight down blanket and a tarp above to deflect rain is very comfortable down to at least 0C. You do need trees for it to work though.  ;D

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +290/-389
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #129 on: June 04, 2020, 02:50:02 pm »
This is my backyard. Yes, it’s been a couple of weeks since I last cut the lawn, darn constant rain. It’s almost like camping though with a campfire whenever we want.

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 04, 2020, 02:51:18 pm »
Sell the trailer and camp there.

Offline Arthur Dent

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +186/-80
  • 42?
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 04, 2020, 02:56:28 pm »

+1 - values are high right now. Think how many scooters you could buy with the proceeds.

Offline Cudworthhab

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +5/-4
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Prius V Rav 4 Hybrid
« Reply #132 on: June 04, 2020, 05:01:02 pm »
I look at it as going to the lake, not necessarily camping.  I haven't done any real camping in quite a few years.  We bought an RV lot this year; power, well, septic with gas and telephone available at property line.  I thought the price was dirt cheap in a nice development for a 15mx35m lot.  I'm not lake front, but across the road, can see the water.  Marina is a stones throw away.  Quick access to the water for water sports and fishing.  We'll make it our own.

What lake did you buy at?

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 MDX; 2007 Tundra
« Reply #133 on: June 04, 2020, 05:23:04 pm »

Just down the street from you, Lucien.  I'm more accustomed to the more northern lakes, but this is just an hour from our house, so I'll adapt.

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +290/-389
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #134 on: June 04, 2020, 06:52:31 pm »

As I said, I like my trailer, but we'll see what happens at the conclusion of the year. Besides, it's my wife's trailer.

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 05, 2020, 01:27:27 am »

As I said, I like my trailer, but we'll see what happens at the conclusion of the year. Besides, it's my wife's trailer.

Ahh I see the problem now  ;D

Offline Cudworthhab

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +5/-4
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Prius V Rav 4 Hybrid
« Reply #136 on: June 05, 2020, 07:41:31 am »

Just down the street from you, Lucien.  I'm more accustomed to the more northern lakes, but this is just an hour from our house, so I'll adapt.

I was thinking you might be out at Wakaw Lake it shouldn't be near as busy @ Lucien Lake.