Author Topic: GT500  (Read 8928 times)

GT500
« on: October 29, 2019, 11:22:52 am »
Post content deleted at request of original poster.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 03:13:50 pm by autoTRADER.ca »

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
Re: GT500
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 01:49:34 pm »
crazy fast and looks super cool. Would have mine in blue with white stripes with the carbon package.

...but it doesn't have a manual. So, therefore, I would get the GT350R instead and enjoy being connected to my sports car.
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7215
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 03:07:04 pm »
If anyone cares, I did the hood louvers/scoop. :) 

It's huge.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Online Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +270/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2019, 03:27:59 pm »

It's huge.

What do you mean?

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2019, 03:47:23 pm »
You know, sexually. He's a bit of a freak.

;D
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2019, 05:50:23 pm »

It's huge.

What do you mean?

I hands on manufacture the hard tooling (molds) for the parts for the OEMs.   Though we mainly specialize in automotive optics ( Lighting, headlights, tails, reflectors, light pipes, etc) we still do other automotive.

It's really cool to see stuff long before anyone else does (1-3 years).  I wish I could post pics before stuff is shown to the public..but we have a confidentiality agreement.  I have lots of cool stories.  Plus, since this is the tooling capital of Canada, many of my friends do what I do so I get to hear of the cool stuff they're working on.  And due to proximity, many locals work for the OEMs and I usually see one camouflaged test mule weekly.  I'm super-lucky that I get to be around cool automotive stuff every day.  I love my job!!

I'm pretty sure I could post pics now that the car has been shown publicly though.

FWIW, I worked on the upcooming Mustang EV thing too.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 06:05:22 pm by rrocket »

Offline Allen

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +123/-441
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Q5 Sline, 2022 Honda HRV Touring
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2019, 07:41:22 am »
Throw in a good cigar along with the beer and it's a sure thing  ;) ;D

Offline Barton

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +14/-7
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Civic, Accord, Camry, Miata, and more
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2019, 12:37:37 pm »

It's huge.

What do you mean?

I hands on manufacture the hard tooling (molds) for the parts for the OEMs.   Though we mainly specialize in automotive optics ( Lighting, headlights, tails, reflectors, light pipes, etc) we still do other automotive.

It's really cool to see stuff long before anyone else does (1-3 years).  I wish I could post pics before stuff is shown to the public..but we have a confidentiality agreement.  I have lots of cool stories.  Plus, since this is the tooling capital of Canada, many of my friends do what I do so I get to hear of the cool stuff they're working on.  And due to proximity, many locals work for the OEMs and I usually see one camouflaged test mule weekly.  I'm super-lucky that I get to be around cool automotive stuff every day.  I love my job!!

I'm pretty sure I could post pics now that the car has been shown publicly though.

You had my interest and now you have my attention.  Can someone help me post that meme here?  Sir O?  :D
Is Mustang really going EV?  WTF?!

Online Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +270/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2019, 12:41:30 pm »

It's huge.

What do you mean?

Cool!

• Car Crazy
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2019, 12:52:30 pm »

It's huge.

What do you mean?

You had my interest and now you have my attention.  Can someone help me post that meme here?  Sir O?  :D

;D

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a28158001/ford-mach-e-future-electric-suv/

Kind of a Ford version of an X6. But electric.

Not sure who was asking for that, or what the Mustang really has to do with it really.

Offline Barton

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +14/-7
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Civic, Accord, Camry, Miata, and more
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2019, 02:34:39 pm »

It's huge.

What do you mean?

;D

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a28158001/ford-mach-e-future-electric-suv/

Kind of a Ford version of an X6. But electric.

Not sure who was asking for that, or what the Mustang really has to do with it really.

Seem more like a bloated CUV than a Mustang.  And thanks for the pic!  Where do you get these from? 

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2019, 03:19:32 pm »

It's huge.

What do you mean?

Meh.  A few beers and you'll talk.
Check your PM...

• Car Crazy
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2019, 04:34:30 pm »

Seem more like a bloated CUV than a Mustang.  And thanks for the pic!  Where do you get these from?

Yeah, exactly. I'm not sure about the Mustang tie-in. Risky ground there.

And try https://giphy.com/ for all your giffing needs.  ;D

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2019, 07:53:31 pm »
Well at least they didn't call it the Bronco...or Blazer FFS.  :P ::)  'cause that'd have been SOO wrong.

They should've called it Lightning.

Huzzah!

Obviously.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2019, 07:55:35 pm »
Well at least they didn't call it the Bronco...

Because they can't.

Because the Bronco(s) are already in the pipeline for release.....

But you didn't hear that from me.   ;D

Offline Golly

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +12/-10
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 05 Miata, 16 Malibu Premier, 19 Buick Enclave Avenir
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2019, 08:03:03 am »

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2019, 02:23:42 pm »
Well at least they didn't call it the Bronco...

Because they can't.

Because the Bronco(s) are already in the pipeline for release.....

But you didn't hear that from me.   ;D

Yup, aware.  I was just poking fun because the new Blazer is the "Camaro" of SUV's (styling cues apparently) and everybody was losing their shi#.  No one who'd actually buy one, but shi# lost nonetheless.  So it would've made sense to name the new Mustang inspired SUV a Bronco - How dare they!! More lost shi#.

I don't imagine it (the Bronco) will be pretty.  At least no one will lose shi#.

Oh Baby!  I like it.

Jay's getting old...but I did like it when he dropped a couple of gears and hit it.  I'd take one like that.  Plenty of Oh Baby! to go around.