Author Topic: Shopping for a replacement for my Clubman JCW  (Read 4527 times)

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
Re: Shopping for a replacement for my Clubman JCW
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2020, 04:26:56 pm »
Should probably just get this and be done with it: https://www.autotrader.ca/a/bmw/3%20series/kanata/ontario/19_11467625_?showcpo=ShowCpo&ncse=no&orup=2_4_4&sprx=-1&modalXS=1

Nice!  The guy who owns the indy where i take my Z3M has one that looks just like this as his dd.  Not sure of the year.  If you are serious you can give him a call to discuss it with him.  I talked to him before buying the Z3M.  He's very knowledgeable about all FGCs and a great guy to talk to in general about cars.  He's the one who talked me out of buying a Boxster.  ;D 

http://alpinemotors.ca/

Do you know if his is a manual?

No idea.  I'll be taking the Z3M there for annual service probably next week and will check.  I only know he owns it because i see him driving it all the time.  He lives just down the road from me so i see him quite often and always in that wagon.  There are actually a few 3-Series wagons i see around my area on a regular basis.

Cool, I'd appreciate that.

I messaged the guy in Kanata about his wagon. We'll see what he says but it sounds like a fairly solid buy to me. Definitely enthusiast owned and sounds well taken care of.

Picked up my Z3M from service today and had a talk about the E91.  Owner wasn't there but spoke briefly with his son.   His E91 is an auto and his second one.  Bought the current one last year after a long search and after selling his old one at almost 350K km.  Says they are really good cars and all owners he deals with really like them.  Good maintenance is key of course.  One of their E91 clients is a real estate agent who piles on the mileage and he's on his second one as well.  He's one of the guys i see drive by my house on a regular basis.  People who own them like them obviously, so that's a good sign.

Online OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +256/-775
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
Re: Shopping for a replacement for my Clubman JCW
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2020, 10:34:49 pm »
Should probably just get this and be done with it: https://www.autotrader.ca/a/bmw/3%20series/kanata/ontario/19_11467625_?showcpo=ShowCpo&ncse=no&orup=2_4_4&sprx=-1&modalXS=1

Nice!  The guy who owns the indy where i take my Z3M has one that looks just like this as his dd.  Not sure of the year.  If you are serious you can give him a call to discuss it with him.  I talked to him before buying the Z3M.  He's very knowledgeable about all FGCs and a great guy to talk to in general about cars.  He's the one who talked me out of buying a Boxster.  ;D 

http://alpinemotors.ca/

Do you know if his is a manual?

No idea.  I'll be taking the Z3M there for annual service probably next week and will check.  I only know he owns it because i see him driving it all the time.  He lives just down the road from me so i see him quite often and always in that wagon.  There are actually a few 3-Series wagons i see around my area on a regular basis.

Cool, I'd appreciate that.

I messaged the guy in Kanata about his wagon. We'll see what he says but it sounds like a fairly solid buy to me. Definitely enthusiast owned and sounds well taken care of.

Picked up my Z3M from service today and had a talk about the E91.  Owner wasn't there but spoke briefly with his son.   His E91 is an auto and his second one.  Bought the current one last year after a long search and after selling his old one at almost 350K km.  Says they are really good cars and all owners he deals with really like them.  Good maintenance is key of course.  One of their E91 clients is a real estate agent who piles on the mileage and he's on his second one as well.  He's one of the guys i see drive by my house on a regular basis.  People who own them like them obviously, so that's a good sign.

Cool, thanks for checking. It does seem like the E9x is the most reliable of the modern BMWs.