Author Topic: This morning's commute was soooo bad...  (Read 18494 times)

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
Re: This morning's commute was soooo bad...
« Reply #100 on: July 15, 2019, 06:19:42 pm »
When I was a kid.

Things have changed.
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #101 on: July 16, 2019, 08:36:19 am »
The 401 eastbound was closed today for about 7 hours due to this:

It just re-opened, closed again less than 5 minutes later and about 5 minutes down the road there's a 10 vehicle pileup requiring extrication and at least 2 Ornge airlifts.
They are probably going to temporarily close westbound 401 to allow airlift

update:  Opp reporting at least 10 vehs involved in mvc. At least one deceased, several more still trapped. OPP calling other nearby detachments for additional manpower.

They got to make it 6 lanes out to PQ
^^Yup, given the amount of semi-trucks that use it all hours of the day. Limit the trucks use to say 9:00 PM to 6:00 AM and they might get away with it 'as is' for a while longer.
Railton

A relative of someone at work died in the second crash.  Apparently the trucker didn't even hit the brakes, just  ran right over the car in front, which is now no longer recognizable as being a car.
Mr Pickypants

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #102 on: July 16, 2019, 08:54:26 am »
There are pan handlers downtown, no surprise. But they aren't aggressive. They're almost all just sitting there with a cap or cup out. Once in a while they might ask for change, But they don't block your path or follow you.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken