Author Topic: Fake Inspection Stickers - Nova Scotia  (Read 2963 times)

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
Re: Fake Inspection Stickers - Nova Scotia
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 09:54:48 am »
That's interesting, now that the article is out, you can clearly see the slanted I in SCOTIA, that's pretty obvious way to tell if it's fake.
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline Seafoam

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +89/-202
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 09:55:46 am »
The limits to which some people will go. Just like counterfeit money. The average person would not notice.
2023 Honda Civic EX-B
2004 Mazdaspeed Miata

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-442
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2019, 10:58:26 am »
Stickers? What year is this?  Wouldn't an electronic pass that comes up with the licence plate when typed in be more robust?

Offline pi314

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +59/-95
    • View Profile
  • Cars: VW Golf Sportwagen 4Motion 6MT ;Dearly Departed 2015 Honda Fit EX 6MT
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2019, 12:05:25 pm »
I'm not sure if most of the Maritimes have Automatic Licence Plate Recognition yet but it'd be a good way to do it.

In Ontario there are still registration stickers yet police do have ALPR so the only purpose it serves is allowing Quebec police to ticket you for expired plates even when your registration is valid  ::)

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2019, 12:23:24 pm »
In the face of a $1000+ repair bill to get a car back on the road legally, a $180 ticket seems a bit too cheap.

Impound the car and have a minimum $500 fine plus storage fees.

Charge anyone issuing them $25k for a first offence.
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline ngorongoro

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +3/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2019, 04:34:27 pm »
In the face of a $1000+ repair bill to get a car back on the road legally, a $180 ticket seems a bit too cheap.

Impound the car and have a minimum $500 fine plus storage fees.

Charge anyone issuing them $25k for a first offence.

amen - there are way too many cars out on the road that should be scrapped.
23 Mazda CX-5 Past - 15 Volvo XC60 T6, 16.5 Mazda CX-5, 07 Honda Ridgeline, 13 Police Interceptor, 15 VW Golf, 12 Mazda3, 10 MX-5, 07 4Runner, 08 Mazda3, 10 Suzuki Swift, 08 MX-5, 08 Mini Cooper, 07 Mazda3, 01 Nissan Altima, 98 Pontiac Grand Prix, 84 Mazda RX-7, 93 Eagle Talon, 91 VW Jetta

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +65/-419
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Peugeot 308 GT; 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2019, 05:57:42 pm »
Why do you guys still use stickers ?

Where I used to live in North Carolina in the US, it became all electronic and tied to vehicle registration. If you failed or didn't bother to pass a roadworthiness test, or if you failed to pay your property tax on the vehicle, your registration renewal was blocked. No real way around that.
ø cons: Peugeot 308: Yamaha R3 [/URL]

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2019, 06:00:58 pm »
I'm not sure if most of the Maritimes have Automatic Licence Plate Recognition yet but it'd be a good way to do it.

In Ontario there are still registration stickers yet police do have ALPR so the only purpose it serves is allowing Quebec police to ticket you for expired plates even when your registration is valid  ::)

Not every municipality has ALPR.....
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline pi314

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +59/-95
    • View Profile
  • Cars: VW Golf Sportwagen 4Motion 6MT ;Dearly Departed 2015 Honda Fit EX 6MT
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2019, 07:01:44 pm »

Which ones don't? OPP does and the major municipalities as far as I know. I know the MTO was getting ready to remove that requirement

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2019, 07:05:04 pm »

Which ones don't? OPP does and the major municipalities as far as I know. I know the MTO was getting ready to remove that requirement

The smaller ones.

For example, one of our local ones didn't get it until just this year...a few months ago.  And it was only a couple "enforcement" vehicles...and not all of them.  It might still be that way.

I have my doubts every small police force has them.

Offline Seafoam

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +89/-202
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2019, 07:45:29 pm »

The smaller ones.

For example, one of our local ones didn't get it until just this year...a few months ago.  And it was only a couple "enforcement" vehicles...and not all of them.  It might still be that way.

Exactly it is Nova Scotia we are behind the times. Lucky to get the potholes filled. :-[

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2019, 08:26:46 pm »

The smaller ones.

Port Hope has it in a town of 15,000

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2019, 08:32:40 pm »

The smaller ones.

Port Hope has it in a town of 15,000

Good for them I guess?