Author Topic: Awanfi Jump Starter  (Read 1509 times)

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
Awanfi Jump Starter
« on: April 22, 2020, 01:43:49 pm »
https://www.amazon.ca/AWANFI-Starter-18000mAh-Multi-Function-Flashlight/dp/B07XQ8NMBC

It was on sale for 65 bucks so having a 7 year old original battery in my Genesis I decided to pull the trigger. Just initial impressions for now. It seems very well made, much better quality than an average Chinese made product. It comes with a lot of useful things, like phone charging cables (tried with an android, works fine), a flashlight, and a very handy binder style storage case. Also there are 12v and 5v outputs for other things, like a radio for example. It seems to have various smart circuitry and indicators so it's fairly fool proof. The device feels heavy and substantial, likely because of a good capacity battery, the manual mentions Li-polymer. The rough dimensions are 7"x3.5"x1.5". One negative review in French mentions (I think) some self-discharge, so for the next month I will be checking on it to make sure there is nothing funny. Feel free to ask questions and I will update the thread as time goes by.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 MDX; 2007 Tundra
Re: Awanfi Jump Starter
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 01:54:41 pm »
Ya, keep us updated.  Been thinking of buying one for the boat and keeping it in the truck for the winter.  A friend has a NOCO, boosted a truck with it after sitting in his truck in the cold for months.
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
Re: Awanfi Jump Starter
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 10:23:28 am »
Checked on the charge yesterday, expecting ~ 90% since the manual says it should be charged every 3 months. Surprisingly it still showed 100% so I figure the batteries are fine and I think the device is a keeper.