Author Topic: VW Exec Says EV Tipping Point, Price Parity Near  (Read 4933 times)

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +236/-453
    • View Profile
Re: VW Exec Says EV Tipping Point, Price Parity Near
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2019, 06:40:42 pm »
It's such an absurd example about how EVs are better ICE cars. EVs are easier on their brakes so surely they would also have this issue.

It is however a fantastic example of a dealership bullying a customer into unnecessary service.
Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +290/-389
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2019, 07:41:33 pm »
Literally...the ONLY people in the world who think a new Corolla isn't an improvement over a 2004 Corolla....

FFS...

(FWIW, my step mom bought a new one too last year).
I didn’t think my 2008 Corolla was as good as my 1991. Cheap materials and rattles, and ultimately the seats were what caused me to get rid of it. At least it had A/C and power everything.

I liked the 2015 I rented but man, the 2020s are fantastic.

Offline me_2

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +300/-76
  • 2014 Volt, 2001 Saturn SW2. Son's DD: 2015 Volt
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2019, 08:18:44 pm »
It's such an absurd example about how EVs are better ICE cars. EVs are easier on their brakes so surely they would also have this issue.

I had the 4 wheels disc & pad redo @ 135,000 km on Volt #2 at my great surprise but not because the disks were rusted. I daily commute within heavy traffic and most deceleration / braking is done electrically, my EV range slowly declined over the years because I was culprit not having cleaned & lubricated the calliper mechanism at least yearly. Lesson learned.
Gone but not forgotten in chronological order: 2019 Volt, 2013 Volt, 2014 Spark EV, 2012 Volt and many others before...

Offline bye

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +315/-525
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2019, 03:38:41 pm »
Do they live by the ocean and their rotors rusted badly? Seems crazy they would have needed replacement that some especially for a garage parked car.

I know right?  Garage parked car.   Average 15 km daily round trip.  Eco driving, coast and stop.

I helped my parents set up the car settings, mostly defaults, they never use the lane keep assist features or other new stuff, really, most of the new elements of the car are no better for their very narrow use over the old Corolla.

I've driven their old Corolla and the new Corolla, for me, the new one is nicer, but the tech is not really compelling especially the lane keep assist which swims a bit in the lane.

The Corolla is the most common rental I get, on purpose, I prefer it as a rental even though I could get much larger cars as it uses the least gas and most rental locations do not offer EV's on the work plan I need to use.  Hoping EV's are offered via large vendor rental in the next year or two.