Author Topic: Father's Day Car Products  (Read 782 times)

Offline Hammy

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +52/-182
    • View Profile
    • NL Car Buying 101
  • Cars: 2019 Audi RS3, 2021 Ford F-150 Lariat, 2014 Mazda 3 GX
Father's Day Car Products
« on: June 16, 2019, 06:22:52 pm »
Were any fathers out there as lucky as I was to get some new car products for Father’s Day?  Like most car people I didn’t really need any new products, but I always love when I get them as a gift.  This year I got some Auto Glym Magma, Meguair’s Ultimate Fast Finish Sealant and Meguair’s Endurance Tire Spray.  I tried out all three today and here’s a little recap.

I already have some Iron-X to remove those darm yellow iron deposit spots but saw an article on the Auto Glym Magma which is a similar product but was supposed to have less odor.  If you’ve ever used Iron-X you know it has a very strong lingering chemical smell.  I figured I’d give the Magma a try and just as advertised it has way less chemical smell than the Iron-X.  It still has some odor (supposed to be cherry I think) but as long as I stayed downwind I could hardly notice it at all.  You just spray it on, wait five minutes, agitate with a wash mitt and then rinse.  It worked almost as well as Iron-X I but there were still a few pesky yellow iron spots left when I was done, I think I just never agitated well enough before I rinsed.  I’d use this over the Iron-X in the future I think.

Once I had the fallout removed I moved on to the Meguair’s Ultimate Fast Finish Sealant.  I read a lot of good things about this product’s results and ease of application, it lived up to the billing.  It comes with a microfibre towel, you spray the product on to the towel (it’s in an aerosol spray bottle), wipe on one panel at a time and immediately remove with a microfibre towel.   The instructions say to use the same towel for application and removal but to me that didn’t seem like a good idea, so I used a separate towel for removal.  I did two applications of this in about 30 minutes so yes, it is easy to apply.  I used up a good bit of the bottle so the per application price is probably a bit high, being a sealant though it should last a while.

The Meguair’s Endurance Tire Spray is a great product but again the per application price is high.  The benefit of the aerosol type spray is that it has a focused spray that gets into every nook and cranny.  It looks great when left for 15 minutes and easy clean up of any overspray.  I’d say about 1/3 of the product was used just doing the tires once.  Hopefully the shine lasts a while.

Overall great Father’s day with my new car products! Who else got some???

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
Re: Father's Day Car Products
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 06:38:10 pm »
Nice.

I'd say if you used much of the bottle, you used too much. You don't need much at all.

They also recommend 12-24 hour "cure" time between coats IIRC.

I also use 2 towels...one for application, one for removal.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 06:49:23 pm by rrocket »
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Hammy

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +52/-182
    • View Profile
    • NL Car Buying 101
  • Cars: 2019 Audi RS3, 2021 Ford F-150 Lariat, 2014 Mazda 3 GX
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 07:02:11 pm »
Magma in action...

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 09:18:00 am »
Not me, but my daughter showed me an Instagram post from my nephew:  he was able to track down and buy (or be given) the circa 1965 Volvo 122 that his father (my brother) used to own.  Showed pic of it on a trailer.

My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.