Author Topic: Letting Family Drive Ontario Plated Car in a different province  (Read 514 times)

06Honda

This is a bit lengthly, sorry about that. I live in Ont and my brother lives in NFLD, he is currently still in bankrupcty for one more year and his vehicle is near its life end (2006 Nissan X-Trail). Under his bankruptcy agreement he can only own a vechicle in his name up to a max of $2000 dollars, so buying a $2000 dollar vehicle in NFLD is a piece of junk. So my thought was to buy him a used vehicle here in Ont under my name; ownership; plated and insured by me. Insurance would have him listed as primary full time driver. Once his bankruptcy is over I would go with him to his local vehicle office and switch everything over to his name. My main question is this possible to do and is there a time limit on how long he can drive the car in NFLD under my name etc. I sent an email to the Ont vehicle online as it would take far too long to tie up a customer service rep here trying to get a answer.