Author Topic: blackcircles.ca  (Read 8228 times)

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-442
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
blackcircles.ca
« on: January 29, 2019, 12:01:51 pm »
Looking for tires for the Land Rover and came across a new website called blackcircles.ca.  A buyer simply picks out what they want, tires delivered to local tire shop and tires put on. It is all in one pricing from the website. Here is the rub. They are coming in about $300-400 cheaper than if I order from the shop themselves. How does this all work?

Here is the website:

https://www.blackcircles.ca/en

Offline carcrazed

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +39/-88
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Forester Touring; 2009 Civic EX-L
Re: blackcircles.ca
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 10:48:13 pm »
That looks too good to be true.  Pirelli P4s are $185 cheaper than Costco with everything included.  I'd be cautious.

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 10:53:10 pm »
probably what we call in the industry "blems"

Could be perfectly fine, but cosmetics may be off. We have suppliers that specialize in that...just like car dealerships that deal with only auction and ex-rental cars.
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Offline dougjp

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +165/-170
  • Cars: 2019 VW Jetta GLI, 2014 Elantra GT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 09:18:04 am »
Interesting, but I can't find much information about them. And in a case like this there is a lot of information needed before turning over complete details about oneself. I don't like the complete lack of Canadian history/information "about them" on their "about us" sub page.

The UK business blackcircles that is referred to seems to get good ratings however they don't own this. It appears the UK business was bought, in whole or in part, by Michelin in 2015. The Canadian website design is a copy of the UK's, however I can find no information saying the Canadian operation is an approved franchisee - its likely to be, they would never get away with copying it without approval. 

Neither blackcircles nor its corporate name Solutions BKC Canada Inc., Brossard, QC appear in the Better Business Bureau records. It could be because its new. However a search on their site for garages to install the tires, I find 3 in my area, so how new is the question. Solutions BKC Canada inc does not appear in a search of federally incorporated companies (not surprising, most are incorporated provincially).  If anyone knows how to find out when and where (likely QC) they were created, that would at least be some information.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2019, 05:32:12 pm »
Neither blackcircles nor its corporate name Solutions BKC Canada Inc., Brossard, QC appear in the Better Business Bureau records. It could be because its new. However a search on their site for garages to install the tires, I find 3 in my area, so how new is the question. Solutions BKC Canada inc does not appear in a search of federally incorporated companies (not surprising, most are incorporated provincially).  If anyone knows how to find out when and where (likely QC) they were created, that would at least be some information.
there's a red flag...nothing good ever came out of Quebec.  :P
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.

Offline dougjp

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +165/-170
  • Cars: 2019 VW Jetta GLI, 2014 Elantra GT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2019, 06:42:51 pm »
Its a similiar formula to PMC Tire out of Sherbrook, QC, except blackcircles doesn't sell wheels or mounted sets of wheels and tires. I do wonder if PMC owns blackcircles? I haven't done a pricing comparison between the two.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +268/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2019, 07:35:22 pm »
I had a good experience with PMC, but it's only worthwhile if you're also buying a set of wheels, to take advantage of their free mounting/balance.

Otherwise, better to shop local.