Author Topic: Fun With Vehicle Diagnostics (OBD Fusion app)  (Read 1667 times)

Offline rrocket

• Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
Fun With Vehicle Diagnostics (OBD Fusion app)
« on: February 02, 2019, 11:42:38 pm »
This somewhat piggy backs onto my previous review of the Carista OBD Bluetooth reader. This is the reader is used for this, but I suspect my old ELM327 would have worked just fine.

In the IS-F, it's important to have high KCLV numbers. KCLV = Knock Correction Learning Value. The higher the number, the better power. Anything below 20 is "meh", above 20 "good" and over 25 "fantastic". So I set out to see where I was.

Sadly, my old usual Torque Pro doesn't read our have the PIDs for KCLVs. So I turned to OBD Fusion app. It's free...unless you need vehicle/manufacturer specific PIDs. For my car it was $12. Kinda high...but easier than dragging my laptop to the car to read these values. So I downloaded it. Very nice app...does everything you need. Quite similar in set up to Torque Pro. As for the PIDs? There was 600 plus for my car! Data overload anyone?

Anyways, onto my KCLV. I grabbed those PIDs and made a dashboard for them. Turns out they were good at 21. But I wanted better. To get them up, you essentially drive the car as if you're doing a road dyno pull. As long as no knock is heard, the value increases. After several pulls/cool down, I got over 25. Cool!

After that, I wanted to test the various throttle modes on the car to see how much they affected throttle.

Up first was normal. Standard throttle held at 1000rpm. 16.1 percent.

Then Snow Mode at 1000rpm. Slightly lazier at 15.7

Next was Sport Mode. Quite a dramatic change..18.8

Next is what I call Race Mode. Throttle response is off the charts with this set up. It's the Lexus Sport Mode + the red setting on my throttle controller. Again.  A substantial bump.

Anyways...was bored and thought I'd share. OBD Fusion is a really nice app. I like it and I think it's going to replace Torque Pro for me depending on how data logging is vs. Torque Pro.

How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...