Author Topic: Does anyone have an opinion on this automotive company?  (Read 1345 times)

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-442
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
Does anyone have an opinion on this automotive company?
« on: January 30, 2019, 06:47:55 pm »
I posted my initial question in the wheels/tires section but there is little traffic there. In my search for new Land Rover tires I cam across a British online company that has expanded to Canada. They work like a Tirerack but the install is free (all in one price) with participating local shops.

Here was my initial question:

Looking for tires for the Land Rover and came across a new website called blackcircles.ca.  A buyer simply picks out what they want, tires delivered to local tire shop and tires put on. It is all in one pricing from the website. Here is the rub. They are coming in about $300-400 cheaper than if I order from the shop themselves. How does this all work?

Here is the website:

https://www.blackcircles.ca/en

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone have an opinion on this automotive company?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 06:56:18 pm »
I posted my initial question in the wheels/tires section but there is little traffic there. In my search for new Land Rover tires I cam across a British online company that has expanded to Canada. They work like a Tirerack but the install is free (all in one price) with participating local shops.

Looking for tires for the Land Rover and came across a new website called blackcircles.ca.  A buyer simply picks out what they want, tires delivered to local tire shop and tires put on. It is all in one pricing from the website. Here is the rub. They are coming in about $300-400 cheaper than if I order from the shop themselves. How does this all work?

Here is the website:

I've seen Quattro tires come in $300 cheaper before...FWIW....not that this really helps you.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Davep

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +15/-14
    • View Profile
  • Cars: first car - 1965 Hillman Super Minx!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 07:23:49 pm »

Here is the website:

The fact that they have no contact info either than an email address is disconcerting.

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-156
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 07:32:11 pm »

Here is the website:

The fact that they have no contact info either than an email address is disconcerting.
Tel:         (844) 926-2527
Do you realize that in about 30 (updated as requested) years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos?

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +112/-461
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 07:40:36 pm »
Just did a search for Golf R tires and the price wasn't anything special.  Could spend similar money on better tires and have them installed by Costco.

Not saying the website isn't good or anything, just that for my vehicle it isn't anything special.

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2019, 07:45:19 pm »
Quattro didn't offer the model I was looking for (255/50-20) Michelin Defender LTX but they were cheap on another model (Premier LTX)

I can ship to an installer here in Calgary for not too much. It isn't clear if install is included (i don't think it is) Again even if I pay $200 for install the price is cheaper than if I order through the local shop (Quattro installer)?

I think best to go down to installer and quiz them and then grind them on price.

For some strange reason Michelin Defender LTX is currently not offered through Costco.

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2019, 08:00:43 pm »
Just did a search for Golf R tires and the price wasn't anything special.  Could spend similar money on better tires and have them installed by Costco.

Not saying the website isn't good or anything, just that for my vehicle it isn't anything special.

Same....PMC tires has better deals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2019, 10:11:57 am »
PMC was about the same but without the free install and balance. I am going to check the local Costco in person and see why Defender LTX seem to come and go from their website.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +269/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2019, 10:45:43 am »
PMC works well if you're buying a set of wheels from them, too.  Then you get free install and balance.

If you're not buying wheels, it's a different story.