Author Topic: Test Drive: 2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback  (Read 8095 times)

Offline Seafoam

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +89/-202
    • View Profile
Re: Test Drive: 2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2018, 07:23:36 pm »
Happy to see there are more hatches available now.  Would be nice if more wagons became available.  A comparo in the spring would be really be great.  The new gen 2019 Mazda3, up against the pretty new 2019 Toyota Corolla, the great (but aging) VW Golf, the Civic, Cruze (maybe diesel), one of the Koreans, maybe the Elantra GT.  G

Tall order to fill, but I bet it would be a good read.

On a side note, it seems the Corolla hatchback does not have a sunroof?  Not really an issue for me.  But looking at a vehicle down the road for my wife, surprised I don't see it.  Maybe I missed it?

I think the Cruze is toast .

If GM wants to sell them, they better adjust their strategy.  Like the Koreans, 0% financing up to 10 years or whatever the hell it is.

No it is discontinued. Remember the plant closures?
You'll be able to get them cheap soon. ;D

The Cruze sedan which is/was built in Lordstown Ohio is discontinued. The Cruze hatch which is built in Coahuila Mexico is not discontinued.

Apparently it won't be around either. http://thenewswheel.com/chevrolet-cruze-hatchback-joins-sedan-on-chopping-block/
2023 Honda Civic EX-B
2004 Mazdaspeed Miata

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2018, 08:12:03 pm »
Happy to see there are more hatches available now.  Would be nice if more wagons became available.  A comparo in the spring would be really be great.  The new gen 2019 Mazda3, up against the pretty new 2019 Toyota Corolla, the great (but aging) VW Golf, the Civic, Cruze (maybe diesel), one of the Koreans, maybe the Elantra GT.  G

On a side note, it seems the Corolla hatchback does not have a sunroof?  Not really an issue for me.  But looking at a vehicle down the road for my wife, surprised I don't see it.  Maybe I missed it?

If GM wants to sell them, they better adjust their strategy.  Like the Koreans, 0% financing up to 10 years or whatever the hell it is.

You'll be able to get them at a discount soon.  ;D

Even if there was some discounts.  Not sure I would want a vehicle that was only made 2 years.  Same with my Hyundai Entourage.  2 years.  Hard to find parts.  Even with the matching Kia Sedona.

Offline Davep

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +15/-14
    • View Profile
  • Cars: first car - 1965 Hillman Super Minx!!!
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2018, 08:21:01 pm »

You'll be able to get them cheap soon. ;D

The Cruze sedan which is/was built in Lordstown Ohio is discontinued. The Cruze hatch which is built in Coahuila Mexico is not discontinued.

Apparently it won't be around either. http://thenewswheel.com/chevrolet-cruze-hatchback-joins-sedan-on-chopping-block/

Thanks for the correction. Here is a second source confirming the hatch cancellation. http://gmauthority.com/blog/2018/11/gm-to-also-end-chevy-cruze-production-in-mexico/  "But now comes news that Chevy Cruze production will also cease at another GM plant – the GM Ramos Arizpe complex in Mexico.

“The end of the production of this model [the Chevrolet Cruze] at the Mexican plant will occur by March. Instead, the complex will increase production of the new Blazer”, Teresa Cid, GM Mexico Communications Director, was quoted as saying."