Author Topic: Test Drive: 2019 Chevrolet Bolt  (Read 3986 times)

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
Re: Test Drive: 2019 Chevrolet Bolt
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2018, 07:13:35 pm »
I think 25 k is too low. My guess 28 similar to the Honda Insight Hybrid.
possibly...$25k-$30k for a well equipped Corolla Hybrid is still substantially less than $53k for the Bolt, which was my point...you might actually be able to buy two of the Toyota's for the price of one Bolt, depending on where the price ends up.
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7213
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2018, 07:26:07 pm »
if GM actually marketed the Volt, it would sell better...despite the loss of incentives (Ont)

it is the perfect commuter for right now. That is very attractive to a lot of people.

I think you are wrong about that....any person walking into a dealer with $45k, will not be looking to buy a compact hatchback.

There’s certainly a small market for it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
right, what was I thinking...

best commuter is a F-150. Should unleash my inner Albertan.
There are far better "commuter" cars for far less money than a Volt
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline G.Bombay

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +11/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2018, 07:47:56 pm »
if GM actually marketed the Volt, it would sell better...despite the loss of incentives (Ont)

it is the perfect commuter for right now. That is very attractive to a lot of people.

I think you are wrong about that....any person walking into a dealer with $45k, will not be looking to buy a compact hatchback.

There’s certainly a small market for it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wanted to check out the volt when we researched commuter cars to replace our Jetta. My wife wouldn't even test drive one so it got crossed off the list quickly.

In her opinion it looks like a Cruze (not a good thing), and her exact words "I don't want to have to plug in a car everyday so it's not out of battery and gutless on my drive to work". Haha fair enough. I tried to explain the benefits of the car to her but all she saw was the fact that she needs to plug in each day and stop at the gas station. Hell no. Her commute is over the ev range and she can't charge at work.

I didn't even bother telling her the price.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2018, 07:12:22 am »
My friend's father was trying to buy a Bolt last year before the incentive went away in Ontario... went to a couple dealers in the GTA to test drive one... none had one, nor did they know when they were getting one. The allotment for Canada was pretty small... I think they could sell more of these if they were available  :-\

If the incentives were around still.  And dealers stocked them, not really sure why they don't.  Can't be due to stock and price alone.  We would buy one, for my wife mostly. 

Offline chignectohead

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +31/-195
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda6 2.5t
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2018, 01:27:48 am »
No more Volts anyway. GM is cancelling those, along with Cruze, Impala and Lacrosse. The Bolt survives for now, but over C$50K for one is too much loot. Can't be bothered to show much enthusiasm for GM anyway. If they can't be bothered to make vehicles in Canada beyond the Equinox and its ilk, yet expect us to buy 300,000 per year made in the US or Mexico or China, why should any of us bother to show them much loyalty in return?