Author Topic: 2005 MB SLK 55 AMG  (Read 13503 times)

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +270/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
Re: 2005 MB SLK 55 AMG
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2019, 04:05:09 pm »
I'd try to convince the wife that one of the cars is really hers. You just need to drive it regular to monitor its well being. You are actually doing her a favour.

I guess that's a better alternative than Divorce...
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 04:08:39 pm by Great_Big_Abyss »

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +236/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2019, 04:30:16 pm »
I'd try to convince the wife that one of the cars is really hers. You just need to drive it regular to monitor its well being. You are actually doing her a favour.
Listen to this man, he's the master at this.
Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2019, 04:44:59 pm »

I guess that's a better alternative than Divorce...

Depends how much he likes his wife... ;D
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Arthur Dent

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +186/-80
  • 42?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2019, 04:52:30 pm »

Haha. Unlikely. My wife won't even be a passenger in my cars. She did ride in the Nissan for about 2 minutes which is better than most.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2019, 05:32:56 pm »

Haha. Unlikely. My wife won't even be a passenger in my cars. She did ride in the Nissan for about 2 minutes which is better than most.

IQ is the opposite.  Total enabler because she likes cars as much as I do.

It's almost pointless having a "I'm not sure if I should buy this car" convo with her....cause she'll just say yes...knowing she'll be able to drive whatever I bring home.

Offline TheHire

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-404
  • Manual Preservation Officer
    • View Profile
    • DoubleClutch.ca Magazine
  • Cars: '07 V8 Vantage 6MT, '91 Diablo, '97 550 Maranello, '91 911 Carrera, '04 S2000, '00 M5, '90 Camry AllTrac, '09 LS 460 AWD, '24 LC 500 Performance, '97 Integra Type R, '24 Santa Fe Calligraphy
Re: I just picked up an AMG
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2019, 12:40:29 am »
Congrats man, sweet car.  I may  of missed it, but do you still have the M3 as well?

yessir.  it looks SOOOO good sitting beside the SLK....

kinda want to keep both, but that would be stupid, so i'll see which one i like more in the coming year..

WOULD it be stupid?  Both cars have different missions.  One is the ultimate driver's car.  The other is an awesome top-down GT car.  Two different missions, two different cars, and most importantly, two spaces in your garage!

That's what i SAID!!! but wife's not on board....  she wants the spot in the garage back soon.

So do what I did, and get a lift! This way my better half gets her side, and my toys sit on the other, stacked.

Also, Firm is going to lose his SH*T. He loves the SLK 55. Congrats, very cool car! I saw Gurgie's white RAV4rester-CX5-CRV thingy and promptly fell asleep, and just woke up now to your thread!  ;D
Resident Connoisseur of Jalopies & Reality Checks

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +309/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2006 Porsche 911 Carrera, 2019 Honda Passport
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2019, 06:39:33 am »
Congrats man, sweet car.  I may  of missed it, but do you still have the M3 as well?

kinda want to keep both, but that would be stupid, so i'll see which one i like more in the coming year..

WOULD it be stupid?  Both cars have different missions.  One is the ultimate driver's car.  The other is an awesome top-down GT car.  Two different missions, two different cars, and most importantly, two spaces in your garage!

That's what i SAID!!! but wife's not on board....  she wants the spot in the garage back soon.

So do what I did, and get a lift! This way my better half gets her side, and my toys sit on the other, stacked.

Also, Firm is going to lose his SH*T. He loves the SLK 55. Congrats, very cool car! I saw Gurgie's white RAV4rester-CX5-CRV thingy and promptly fell asleep, and just woke up now to your thread!  ;D
Hey!!!???? WTF!!!!????? LOL!!!!

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2019, 01:58:14 pm »

Wish i could, but my garage ceiling is too low, lift won't fit.  lowest point in the garage is just under 7 feet.  :(

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +270/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2019, 07:10:54 pm »

Wish i could, but my garage ceiling is too low, lift won't fit.  lowest point in the garage is just under 7 feet.  :(

I believe Vantage did structural modifications to his garage so that the loft would fit.  You have no excuse ...

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2019, 07:15:39 pm »

I believe Vantage did structural modifications to his garage so that the loft would fit.  You have no excuse ...

We aren't all high rollers like Vantage.

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2019, 07:26:06 pm »

We aren't all high rollers like Vantage.

Truthat.

Right above the garage is my living room so I would have to lower the garage floor. 

Practically impossible, might as well move to somewhere with triple garage.

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2019, 07:41:23 pm »
Awesome choice! One of my friends had one of these when I had the Exige.

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline TheHire

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-404
  • Manual Preservation Officer
    • View Profile
    • DoubleClutch.ca Magazine
  • Cars: '07 V8 Vantage 6MT, '91 Diablo, '97 550 Maranello, '91 911 Carrera, '04 S2000, '00 M5, '90 Camry AllTrac, '09 LS 460 AWD, '24 LC 500 Performance, '97 Integra Type R, '24 Santa Fe Calligraphy
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2019, 08:04:02 pm »

LOL sorry. It was too easy! For the record I love the Passport - VTEC for days!

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2019, 08:55:28 pm »
Wow!  Congrats!
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +309/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2006 Porsche 911 Carrera, 2019 Honda Passport
« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2019, 09:23:17 pm »

LOL sorry. It was too easy! For the record I love the Passport - VTEC for days!

All good buddy... it is a white appliance, lol!! I've got over 1,600kms on it now so I've finally started to open it up a bit & explore the VTEC..

Offline Firm

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +232/-1073
  • Urban Hick
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 XKR, 2007 DTS, 2006 Escalade, 2000 Sonoma ZQ8,1996 Firebird, 1996 Firebird Formula, 1985 Trans Am, 1984 Camaro, 1978 MGB x2
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2019, 09:50:07 pm »

Yep, there was a time when I really wanted one of these, and if it weren't for the little guy requiring a rear seat it would've been a serious contender when I bought the XKR.

Really like the way these feel though, very solid and confident despite being rather tiny and just massive power. Congrats, I personally think this thing is going to win you over the M3.