Author Topic: Additional MSRP  (Read 2859 times)

Offline dc12345

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2
Additional MSRP
« on: September 17, 2018, 12:38:34 pm »
Does anybody know what the meaning of "additional MSRP options" would be?

All the additional options are laid out in the purchase contract.

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
Re: Additional MSRP
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 01:11:28 pm »
can you give an example? is it in an ad, or on a bill of sale?

if it is on a bill of sale, likely just additional options on the car, and listed at the MSRP prices. so by adding the options, it raises the MSRP.
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline dc12345

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 01:15:58 pm »

There is the base MSRP - 45,000

OPTION 1 - 400.00
OPTION 2 - 1750.00
OPTION 3 - 800.00
the above options are the ones I picked

"addtitional options msrp - 3800.00"

I just dont understand what the additionals are if the options I picked are already listed and priced.

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 01:48:34 pm »
It sounds like $3800 of dealer padding. If the dealer can't list exactly what it is, walk. There are other dealers, and other cars. Don't be a sucker.
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline dc12345

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 01:58:23 pm »
Posted by: Sir Osis of Liver
« on: Today at 01:48:34 pm »
Insert Quote

It sounds like $3800 of dealer padding. If the dealer can't list exactly what it is, walk. There are other dealers, and other cars. Don't be a sucker. "

seems very stange to me as well. problem is i signed the damn bill of sale.

Other problem is they did the deal based on a locate however; they are telling me today the vehicle they found was sold so they need to find a new one.

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 02:22:18 pm »
Since the specific car you made the transaction on isn't available, you may be in luck.

tooscoops is better versed in these things than I am. Maybe he can offer insight.

Offline dc12345

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2018, 02:25:13 pm »
"They can't fulfill the contract so could you walk on a technicality? Otherwise isn't there a cool off period?"

No cooling off period as per OMVIC

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 03:06:44 pm »
no cooling off period, but also dealers aren't here to screw you over... not worth the headache. the only issue would be if it's a locate and they have already paid to have the car brought in. in that case, you are likely out whatever deposit you may have given, but can still "get out" of the deal.

as for the additional options point, sometimes we run out of space on the bill of sale. for example, I just sold a truck with about 10 options from the factory... I only have room for 7 of those options, so in the 8th line, it will just say "additional options" and have a total of what they add up to. if it seems like that is what it is, just ask for them to itemize the additional options in the remarks section of the bill of sale, or something similar. they'll be able to.

don't assume shady to start... dealers just don't worry about so many of these smaller things because they know they are getting the customer what they want and just assume the customer believes/trusts them (at least to a degree)... plus, we do this all the time, so we don't get hung up on the minutiae of one deal. it's not right, but it's jus the reality.

Offline dc12345

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2018, 03:19:00 pm »
no cooling off period, but also dealers aren't here to screw you over... not worth the headache. the only issue would be if it's a locate and they have already paid to have the car brought in. in that case, you are likely out whatever deposit you may have given, but can still "get out" of the deal.

as for the additional options point, sometimes we run out of space on the bill of sale. for example, I just sold a truck with about 10 options from the factory... I only have room for 7 of those options, so in the 8th line, it will just say "additional options" and have a total of what they add up to. if it seems like that is what it is, just ask for them to itemize the additional options in the remarks section of the bill of sale, or something similar. they'll be able to.

don't assume shady to start... dealers just don't worry about so many of these smaller things because they know they are getting the customer what they want and just assume the customer believes/trusts them (at least to a degree)... plus, we do this all the time, so we don't get hung up on the minutiae of one deal. it's not right, but it's jus the reality.

Appreciate the info - definitely panicked as its $3800 bucks and all my extras were listed. See how it goes.
As for the locate they told me this morning the one they located is now sold to someone else...
So they now will have to do a new locate from what I am told.

Seeing as the offers expire this month (F150s) employee pricing and the specific model i am looking for is scarce I have little hope lol.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7215
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2018, 08:39:16 pm »

but also dealers aren't here to screw you over...

Uh huh....LOL [emoji38]

How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2018, 09:06:04 pm »
Just ask for a full breakdown or can you give us a copy of the invoice?

$3800 sounds like a lot but could really be anything....could even be a simple sum of all your options at MSRP.

You can also ask the dealer...if you worked out the deal already, they will honour the discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2018, 02:35:53 pm »
they only get paid to sell you a truck, so they will try to get one for you. but it is totally up to you to accept what they are able to get (if it's different from the original.

I will say that it makes it tough for them to get the truck in a situation like that. not only are there few of them out there, but when they call, they need to basically say, "you have a truck I have sold, can I get the invoice sent to me?"... if they just call and ask, "you are showing a truck, is it available? should be? ok, i'll get back to you if my customer wants it". then, by the time they call back, the manager has talked with the sales floor and they say they can use it or are showing it, so now it becomes unavailable.

and rocket, kidding aside, dealers *are* there to make money, not screw people over... might seem like the same thing, but they are a bit different! but yeah, there are some dealers who more than blur the line, i'll give you that!

Offline dc12345

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2018, 05:59:22 pm »
they only get paid to sell you a truck, so they will try to get one for you. but it is totally up to you to accept what they are able to get (if it's different from the original.

I will say that it makes it tough for them to get the truck in a situation like that. not only are there few of them out there, but when they call, they need to basically say, "you have a truck I have sold, can I get the invoice sent to me?"... if they just call and ask, "you are showing a truck, is it available? should be? ok, i'll get back to you if my customer wants it". then, by the time they call back, the manager has talked with the sales floor and they say they can use it or are showing it, so now it becomes unavailable.

and rocket, kidding aside, dealers *are* there to make money, not screw people over... might seem like the same thing, but they are a bit different! but yeah, there are some dealers who more than blur the line, i'll give you that!

Appreciate the info - seems like they are having trouble for sure.

F150 XLT - loaded
i keep asking for an update and the sales person says the dealer is trying to locate it.

How far will they go to get the vehicle? out of province (ONT to SASK or MB etc)

Other thing the 2018 f150'S are coming to an end so I presume they would be obligated to order a 2019 at some point?

Offline dc12345

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2018, 06:00:06 pm »
Just ask for a full breakdown or can you give us a copy of the invoice?

$3800 sounds like a lot but could really be anything....could even be a simple sum of all your options at MSRP.

You can also ask the dealer...if you worked out the deal already, they will honour the discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the break down thanks - makes sense now

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2018, 06:13:19 pm »
^^Well do tell.  What's the break down of the additional charges?

Offline dc12345

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2018, 06:19:12 pm »

3.5L ecoboost engine $3300
Sport appearance $500

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2018, 06:19:57 pm »

Sport appearance $500

Oh that's good.

Glad it wasn't dealer add-ons.

Looks like everything is on the up and up then.

Offline dc12345

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2018, 06:30:22 pm »

Sport appearance $500

Oh that's good.

Glad it wasn't dealer add-ons.

Looks like everything is on the up and up then.

yes now for them to find one LOL