Author Topic: Looking for GTA Body Shop that can handle old cars  (Read 886 times)

Offline jwilson

• Noob
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 1969 Ford Torino
Looking for GTA Body Shop that can handle old cars
« on: September 16, 2018, 02:09:09 pm »
I have an old car I need some rust repair done on, and all the body shops in my area aren't willing to do any work on old cars - too many easy insurance jobs.

Does anyone have any recommendations?  I'm in Toronto proper (Main and Danforth) but I'm willing to take it anywhere in the GTA.  Thanks!

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:Honda, BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
Re: Looking for GTA Body Shop that can handle old cars
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 03:14:39 pm »
It's much the same here in Eastern Ontario, overpriced insurance jobs are all they care about.  A friend was looking for the same as you recently.
You have to find an indy guy,  often they moonlight at home and work days at the big shops.   
Sorry can't help much.
Mr Pickypants

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7215
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 03:43:23 pm »
I have an old car I need some rust repair done on, and all the body shops in my area aren't willing to do any work on old cars - too many easy insurance jobs.

Does anyone have any recommendations?  I'm in Toronto proper (Main and Danforth) but I'm willing to take it anywhere in the GTA.  Thanks!
http://www.fishauto.com

Also...go to one of your local "cruise nights" and talk to people. You'll find someone quickly IMO.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Firm

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +232/-1073
  • Urban Hick
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 XKR, 2007 DTS, 2006 Escalade, 2000 Sonoma ZQ8,1996 Firebird, 1996 Firebird Formula, 1985 Trans Am, 1984 Camaro, 1978 MGB x2
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 07:16:45 pm »
It is getting tough to find decent quality small-scale body work...insurance jobs are King. Which is why I took note when I drove by a place called "Touchup in a Flash" in Milton the other day....It's a bit out of the way (Regional Route 25 & 5 Sideroad), but they had a sign out front that actually advertised rust repair, and a couple of old cars hanging around. I didn't stop, but it seems like the sorta place you're looking for.