Author Topic: Honda Civic Coupe - current generation (Re-Imagined)  (Read 731 times)

Offline CarFly

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +5/-6
  • Cars: Good times:) Bad investment ;/
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MG Midget, Ford Falcon, Mazda RX-experimental rotary engine, Pontiac Firebird 350, Yamaha 500cc, Yamaha 850cc, Harley-Davidson LowRider 1340cc, VW Beetle, Mazda 3, Pontiac Sunfire 2.4 GT Coupe
Honda Civic Coupe - current generation (Re-Imagined)
« on: March 16, 2018, 08:39:36 pm »
I like what Honda has done with the re-designed Civic, especially the Coupes with the turbo. I'm thinking of buying one, I have heard that they have lowered the stance and therefore the ground clearance. I was wondering if this has caused problems for people who drive their Honda Coupe in the winter months, such as grounding out on snow days?  I mainly drive in the city (Ottawa) and the roads are adequitly plowed ...mostly.  I was just wondering if this has caused problems in the winter for Civic Coupe drivers? I currently drive a Pontiac SunFire and have never been high-sided or stuck, I'm wondering if I would be as lucky with the new Civic Coupe?
I would appreciate any opinions or advice that you have for me, Thanks' in advance  ??? 
LETS' DO THE "TIME WARP"... AGAIN!!!

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +112/-462
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Acura Integra Type S, 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si (sold but not forgotten)2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
Re: Honda Civic Coupe - current generation (Re-Imagined)
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 09:39:54 pm »
I would think you'll be fine if you currently drive a sunfire.  My Golf R is a bit lower than a regular Golf and I've never gotten stuck and the roads in Fredericton aren't plotted that well.  Sure I sometimes plow some powder with my nose but it's never been enough that I am concerned.

If you like the Civic why don't you park your sunfire next to one to see how much of a difference there is.  I'm going to bet it is about the same.

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
Re: Honda Civic Coupe - current generation (Re-Imagined)
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 06:21:53 pm »
Sure I sometimes plow some powder with my nose

:o Careful...someone on here might report you!!  :o