Author Topic: Test Drive: 2017 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S  (Read 3557 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Test Drive: 2017 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S
« on: July 15, 2016, 06:31:16 am »

911's new turbo engine still sounds delicious, and enhances the overall package.
Read More...

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2131
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '11 Fozzie XT
Re: Test Drive: 2017 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 08:28:29 am »
Thoughts on the effectiveness and value of the 4-wheel steer system?

I still hate the visual look of the vertical air slots, though i do like more air...

Offline MR2Pritch

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +30/-45
    • View Profile
  • Cars: I-Mark, 240sx, MR2 GTS
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 08:33:47 am »

I still hate the visual look of the vertical air slots, though i do like more air...

To me, a novelty. If you're doing some lapping, you'll notice it a bit. Same with parking. For the average driver, it's hard to notice. That's the point. I'd save my money, if it were my car.

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2131
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '11 Fozzie XT
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 08:41:46 am »

To me, a novelty. If you're doing some lapping, you'll notice it a bit. Same with parking. For the average driver, it's hard to notice. That's the point. I'd save my money, if it were my car.
That was my thought, but it's a big deal that Porsche isn't marketing the :censor: out of.  Sort of like Cadillac not marketing the :censor: out of magnetic ride control - I just don't understand.

These may not actually be things you need, but good marketing could make them the things you want ;)

Hour much easier is parking because of it?

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-326
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring; 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD (wife's); 2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT (retired)
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 09:03:48 am »

That was my thought, but it's a big deal that Porsche isn't marketing the :censor: out of.  Sort of like Cadillac not marketing the :censor: out of magnetic ride control - I just don't understand.

These may not actually be things you need, but good marketing could make them the things you want ;)

I doubt parking is noticably easier.  You're not talking significant turn angle on the rear. 

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GvQh2ue--0g

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +110/-454
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2016, 09:43:25 am »
Man what a week of performance car reviews!  You guys need to really space these out, I'm going to have withdrawal when the inevitable run of CUV's and economy cars come back.

Porsche is continuing to build some of the best all around performance vehicles.  Purists will dislike that the natural aspirated engines are dying off but can't argue with more speed and better fuel economy.  Not sure I'd choose a 911 over the competition, maybe if I was only allowed one vehicle for all around driving.

Offline MR2Pritch

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +30/-45
    • View Profile
  • Cars: I-Mark, 240sx, MR2 GTS
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2016, 11:25:47 am »

minor. one of those things that I didnt notice until I was reminded to look for it!

j