Author Topic: Product Review: Yada Bluetooth Mirror  (Read 6740 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Product Review: Yada Bluetooth Mirror
« on: July 06, 2011, 04:03:00 am »

Now you can install a back-up camera and Bluetooth hands-free phone in any car, says Jim Kerr.

Read More...

Offline nlm

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +58/-82
    • View Profile
Re: Product Review: Yada Bluetooth Mirror
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 09:16:09 am »
Great application for older trucks that tow without a bluetooth option.

Offline whaddaiknow

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +185/-4812
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 09:54:57 am »
Anyone else have personal experience with this product?  I want to install a backup camera on my F-150 but I question whether something like the  Yada product will prove in time to be a waste of money.

I am also interested in hearing from anyone who has experience with similar products. I'd like to install a backup camera in my van but not sure if it's a quality product.

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 10:16:15 am »
Ha, I also wrote an IDENTICAL review of this product.  Which apparently will run in 2 weeks time....  My review is over 1000+ words so I explain how to install it etc etc...

It works well!

Offline whaddaiknow

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +185/-4812
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 12:07:29 pm »
Ha, I also wrote an IDENTICAL review of this product.  Which apparently will run in 2 weeks time....  My review is over 1000+ words so I explain how to install it etc etc...

It works well!

Good to know and thanks, James!

Offline Factger

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +6/-6
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2018 Sportwagen 4 motion 2018 Ford Edge 2013 Ford Focus SE (5 Speed Man.)
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 09:30:42 pm »
I am in the process of installing it on the edge. I still have tie in the power for the mirror into the edge existing mirror power feed instead of use a 12 volt plug.

I have the Sel version of the edge and it does not have a backup camera. (You have to get the Limited Model to get the back up camera) After market Back up cameras cost from $500 to $600 so I decided to give it a try even though I do not need the Bluetooth (total cost$180+tax).

With respect to the install it was a bit tough to tie into the backup light power source when the light is not located in the door or hatch but in the tail light assembly. Once installed it works well. The only thing I do not like is the attachement of the camera to the rear Licence plate with just an adhesive pad.(no bolts or screws)

"How long will it last?" is the question that I cannot answer. We will see. We have small children and we are in and out of daycare all the time so it is needed. Having it may save a kids life or at least save, a toy or a Tricycle
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 09:32:39 pm by Factger »

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 MDX; 2007 Tundra
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 10:59:01 pm »
I'd be interested in this product. However, my homelink buttons on my Tundra are located on the mirror, and it appears that the Yada mirror is pretty large and would cover the buttons.
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 11:21:50 pm »
I'd be interested in this product. However, my homelink buttons on my Tundra are located on the mirror, and it appears that the Yada mirror is pretty large and would cover the buttons.

For what they want for the mirror ($250+) you're well on your way to a Bluetooth headunit radio.....with better sound too!  I got this unit for the Insight and it was a VERY impressive headunit...

It's now $199 for this unit!

http://www.autos.ca/forum/index.php/topic,64708.0.html
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 11:26:02 pm by rrocket »
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 MDX; 2007 Tundra
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 12:46:11 am »

For what they want for the mirror ($250+) you're well on your way to a Bluetooth headunit radio.....with better sound too! 

Good point, but the backup camera would be a bonus (don't know how long it would would before becoming inoperative), plus I usually prefer the look of a stock head unit.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2011, 12:52:35 am »

For what they want for the mirror ($250+) you're well on your way to a Bluetooth headunit radio.....with better sound too! 

Good point, but the backup camera would be a bonus (don't know how long it would would before becoming inoperative), plus I usually prefer the look of a stock head unit.

The Pioneer head units with Bluetooth are great.  The ones with a GPS screen allow for a back up camera...